This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Ken's Rage 2 worth getting for the story alone?

#1nekrothingPosted 2/6/2013 10:31:17 PM
Heard it adapts FotNS in its entirety, which sounds kind of nice. Would it be worth getting the game for the story alone?
#2Mass_CarrierPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:52 PM
The gameplay is so bad it detracts far beyond the point where you would be better off just reading the manga or watching the New Savior Legend movies.
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png
#3warrenmatsPosted 2/6/2013 11:06:15 PM
no you're better off just watching all the cutscenes on youtube....

or better yet, watch the anime.
---
:D
#4copycat2008Posted 2/6/2013 11:12:04 PM
the fact that they name it kens rage, says everything about it.
it sounds too desparate, and devs who sound desparate to name such games usualy arent very good developers.

legends have simple names that attracts
wannabee'sss tries too hard, tryin to pull attention with thier names but has no bite.
#5nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:57:56 PM
That's disappointing, although kind of expected. Direct-to-PSN games are rarely any good.
#6Evil_GogetaPosted 2/7/2013 12:00:51 AM
Did you enjoy the first one? If you did do not listen to anyone here.

It`s faster, has a lot lot more characters and all characters are re-done.
The only bad thing about this game is that its much easier than the first game and the leveling up is too fast (similar to how you could level up everything so fast in Oblivion).

I`ve 100% everything in this game and have nothing left to do, I just play the online a lot with people just for fun as it is truely fun!

If you loved the first one you would love this, if you dislike Musou games (Warriors games) don`t pick this up.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.
#7nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:04:23 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...

The only bad thing about this game is that its much easier than the first game and the leveling up is too fast (similar to how you could level up everything so fast in Oblivion).

I`ve 100% everything in this game and have nothing left to do, I just play the online a lot with people just for fun as it is truely fun!

If you loved the first one you would love this, if you dislike Musou games (Warriors games) don`t pick this up.

Never played the first one, and I'm completely unfamiliar with FotNS. Never seen the show or read the books, although it looks really interesting.
#8mogar002Posted 2/7/2013 12:05:28 AM
nekrothing posted...
That's disappointing, although kind of expected. Direct-to-PSN games are rarely any good.

lol this kid
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#9Deimos259Posted 2/7/2013 12:09:23 AM
Go read the manga.
---
http://db.tt/xj1JkeLe
#10Evil_GogetaPosted 2/7/2013 12:10:58 AM
nekrothing posted...
Evil_Gogeta posted...

Never played the first one, and I'm completely unfamiliar with FotNS. Never seen the show or read the books, although it looks really interesting.

If you were to play one it would be best to get this as it has extended version of the first game with more characters.
Here`s a few questions that I have for you and if the majority is yes then I would say pick it up!

Q1) Do you like Warriors games? (If not do you like fast paced hack n slash gameplay?)
Q2) Do you like manga like stories?
Q3) Do you enjoy Online Hack n Slash games in both Co-Op and Team flavours?
Q4) Do you like leveling up characters in a brawler type game?
Q5) Do you enjoy controlling many characters with unique attack patterns and many finishing attacks?
!6) Do you enjoy having lots of different modes which take a good long time to complete?

if the majority is yes, I would definitely pick up Kens Rage 2!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.