This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devil May Cry VS God of War - The entire series

#11doraemonllh1989Posted 2/7/2013 12:08:02 AM
I like dmc 3 only,honestly,but somehow i prefer dmc combat and theme

and gow,i like them all
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#12BleuPosted 2/7/2013 12:13:16 AM
I'll go with DMC for better battle engine and more replay value, GoW I'll only play once for the story. DMC I'll play through the DMD
---
PSN: ReinBleu2nd
#13Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:19:01 AM
VanderZoo posted...
God of War is the more consistent series.

for me i disliked dmc 2 and 4, i liked 1, 3, and the reboot.
for god of war i liked 2 and 3, disliked chains of olympus, and 1. theyre tied so far.
#14Dicer7Posted 2/7/2013 12:24:35 AM
As a series I would go with God of War. DMC2 and DMC4 were pretty bad and while DMC3 had great gameplay I feel it still didn't hit the mark on what made DMC1 special. The original Devil May Cry is better than every other game in both series.
#15Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:28:23 AM
what about god of war? 2 prettymuch obsoletes its predecessor theres no reason to ever play 1 if you have 2 gameplaywise and the graphics blow it away..then 3 beats 2 on both accounts.
#16crazyman32Posted 2/7/2013 12:30:41 AM
God of War.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#17Elements012894Posted 2/7/2013 1:10:35 AM
killak posted...
I'll give it to god of war, for having epic scale as opposed to games that often feature static viewpoints and environments.

But, but gameplay! But but Combos on bosses who can't flinch and exist almost entirely for the style meter which doesn't effect anything other then personal satisfaction! But but but chessy cringe worthy story!

Yeah seriously the only good DMC's today are 3 and the latest one. 1 was very archaic, 2 everyone knows is garbage, 3 is awesome, 4 had nero and back tracking for half the game, the newest one was actually really fun.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#18killakPosted 2/7/2013 1:14:26 AM
killak posted...
I'll give it to god of war, for having epic scale as opposed to games that often feature static viewpoints and environments.

But, but gameplay! But but Combos on bosses who can't flinch and exist almost entirely for the style meter which doesn't effect anything other then personal satisfaction! But but but chessy cringe worthy story!

Yeah seriously the only good DMC's today are 3 and the latest one. 1 was very archaic, 2 everyone knows is garbage, 3 is awesome, 4 had nero and back tracking for half the game, the newest one was actually really fun.

shhhhh......they'll hear you.

Oh wait, we're not near the bridge where they live.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#19crazyman32Posted 2/7/2013 1:21:58 AM
killak posted...
killak posted...

shhhhh......they'll hear you.

Oh wait, we're not near the bridge where they live.

Greer and Star boy's bridge is not far away though.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#20VanderZooPosted 2/7/2013 1:31:49 AM
Elements012894 posted...
killak posted...

1 wasn't archaic, it was evolutionary, it kick-started the modern hack and slash genre.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf