This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im a little skeptical about Ni No Kuni

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/7/2013 2:40:23 AM
I like RPG's like this but the characters and monsters u have look so childish. Is there something beyond what im seeing?
---
"Might controls everything"
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 2/7/2013 2:44:48 AM
And, Is there a problem with characters looking childish?
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#3MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:47:28 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
And, Is there a problem with characters looking childish?

I prefer having badass characters than children with small wands. I just doNT like it
---
#4PHEEliNUXPosted 2/7/2013 2:48:26 AM
Either don't buy it, Or give a demo a try and see if you like it then
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#5MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:53:43 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
Either don't buy it, Or give a demo a try and see if you like it then

I guess theres nothing more to it than what im already seeing.
---
#6SixSixSevenEighPosted 2/7/2013 3:24:24 AM
Translation: "I am not confident with my maturity".
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#7Jon_GodPosted 2/7/2013 3:26:58 AM
If you don't like playing as a kid you probably wont like it, shame though, you're missing out on a great game.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#8LapanuiPosted 2/7/2013 3:35:46 AM
It's a pretty bad ass game. I don't understand why a lot of people are so self conscious about wanting to try this game because of the graphics and the fact you play as a kid.

I'm pretty sure the majority of JRPG's you play as a kid and the graphics are like Ni No Kuni.

The game is quite challenging in some areas, I've had trouble just trying to match up the right familiars for my partners, I know they each have their own favourite genus, but I don't have a lot of the species from specific genera. I've just gotten to a boss that owned me pretty quickly. It takes out the rest of my team pretty quickly. I've got one that is meant to heal us all, the other has some pretty strong melee species and I work on magical and a bit of melee with elemental weapons. I'm just leveling them up a bit more now and getting a few more abilities.

Just because a game doesn't display a mature looking art style, doesn't mean it's not a great game. It's the only game I am playing now and I play all sorts of games, FPS, RPG, Racing, Hack n Slash, Action, Adventure, etc. I like a variety regardless of the art style. I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time now and I'm glad I bought it.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#9656stoogePosted 2/7/2013 3:38:41 AM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
Translation: "I am not confident with my maturity".

Jesus guys. People are allowed to not like something you know.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#10DocDeliciousPosted 2/7/2013 3:41:51 AM
First,
Childlike =/= Childish

And yes, there are tons of "badass" familiars in the game (one of my favorites being Puss in Boats...a cat-pirate). The Guardians you fight are pretty awesome as well.
http://tinyurl.com/by3hafz
Believe me, I'm not at all a fan of "Pokemon-esque" games or overly childish Console RPGs but I can say, with confidence, that NNK is a f****** good game.
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious