This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony Fans: Which competitor do you respect more, Nintendo or Microsoft?

#11Godly_GoofPosted 2/7/2013 8:22:59 AM
Nintendo more than any other developer, while everyone else is cramming stronger more of the same parts into their consoles Nintendo keeps trying to do something new like the dual layer 3D screen, touch screen DS, or the motion controller, or the tablet controller.

And then everyone rips them off :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#12Shy420Posted 2/7/2013 8:26:40 AM
Where's the "respect both"?

How can't you have some respect for both. On one hand you have a company that has been there for most of the time then you have a company that burst on the scene and with their second console became very strong. I may not respect either business practice but I respect what they have both done.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#13pixel378Posted 2/7/2013 8:27:54 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Nintendo more than any other developer, while everyone else is cramming stronger more of the same parts into their consoles Nintendo keeps trying to do something new like the dual layer 3D screen, touch screen DS, or the motion controller, or the tablet controller.

And then everyone rips them off :/

Thats exactly why a lot of people think nintendo is a bunch of bull now though. What you see as innovation others see as gimmicks. I personally don't ever want to play games on anything but a controller after the wii, just a bad experience.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#14supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:29:42 AM
Shy420 posted...
Where's the "respect both"?

How can't you have some respect for both. On one hand you have a company that has been there for most of the time then you have a company that burst on the scene and with their second console became very strong. I may not respect either business practice but I respect what they have both done.

It's who you respect "more". If you respect both equally, then this poll isn't for you.
#15JohnHitman47Posted 2/7/2013 8:31:20 AM
Nintendo.
Because they offer great games such mario, zelda, metroid.
Plus new exclusive zombie u.

Don't know any better exclusives coming soon so i stick with those, thats why i respect nintendo.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#16deprofundis442Posted 2/7/2013 8:31:52 AM
Microsoft. For a whole variety of reasons that Nintendo can't even touch.
#17LsnakePosted 2/7/2013 8:34:10 AM
Nintendo might very well be the savior of the console industry in the 80s, and they have innovated and evolved the industry time after time. Nintendo, despite recent missteps, deserves the deepest respect from a gamer.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#18supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:49:58 AM
deprofundis442 posted...
Microsoft. For a whole variety of reasons that Nintendo can't even touch.

An explanation of those "variety of reasons" would be appreciated. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'd just like reasons from everyone.
#19gamestop27Posted 2/7/2013 8:51:42 AM
Neither, and I don't respect sony either.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#20Pereb27Posted 2/7/2013 8:54:04 AM
IBringIt posted...
Nintendo by a longshot.