This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Would you give up this/next gens graphics for PS2 era gameplay?

#11theshovellerPosted 2/7/2013 7:16:54 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
theshoveller posted...
Shineboxer posted...
There is no difference, that nostalgia is leading you astray.

Thats the dumbest post I've seen in forever :/. Im just going back and playing old PS2 games now for the first time and they were better play wise. And especially story wise, back when they actually had to try rather than just substitute story with graphics.

Hey, opinions! I can say about how Landstalker has the best action-RPG elements in any game since, but that doesn't mean it's a fact, or that even anyone else shares my opinion. Honestly, there isn't a difference between last generation's games and this generation's games, other than maybe the advent of online connectivity.
#12BeastLeeAdamsPosted 2/7/2013 7:17:23 AM
Most games in the PS2 era had ok gameplay with crappy controls, compared with ok gameplay and great controls for the PS3....which would you pick?
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Patcher should be fired.
#13DestinPosted 2/7/2013 7:18:09 AM
no, the gameplay has not deteriorated to the point where i would think that, and it has still made improvements in certain areas.

and it's not nostalgia, games are more complicated/expensive to develop now so features that were easier to make in the past end up getting cut. it's why San Andreas has so much more stuff to do than GTA4, to recreate San Andreas with GTA4 graphics/physics the cost would be substantially higher.
---
Destin the Valiant
#14nihilist212Posted 2/7/2013 7:18:45 AM
I like this gen a lot more than the PS2 gen.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#15Godly_GoofPosted 2/7/2013 7:20:29 AM
theshoveller posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
theshoveller posted...
Shineboxer posted...
There is no difference, that nostalgia is leading you astray.

Thats the dumbest post I've seen in forever :/. Im just going back and playing old PS2 games now for the first time and they were better play wise. And especially story wise, back when they actually had to try rather than just substitute story with graphics.

Hey, opinions! I can say about how Landstalker has the best action-RPG elements in any game since, but that doesn't mean it's a fact, or that even anyone else shares my opinion. Honestly, there isn't a difference between last generation's games and this generation's games, other than maybe the advent of online connectivity.

Thats not an opinion thats baseless accusations. The two are very different things :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#16SieKensouPosted 2/7/2013 7:21:40 AM
Destin posted...
no, the gameplay has not deteriorated to the point where i would think that, and it has still made improvements in certain areas.

and it's not nostalgia, games are more complicated/expensive to develop now so features that were easier to make in the past end up getting cut. it's why San Andreas has so much more stuff to do than GTA4, to recreate San Andreas with GTA4 graphics/physics the cost would be substantially higher.

it's mostly becoming more expensive because companies are putting most of their time and energy perfecting realism in graphics and physics (incl collision detection) and also perfecting AI for realism.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462