This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you think all next generation games will look better.....

#1HerrxPosted 2/7/2013 8:43:28 AM
Than the best looking game on both Xbox360 or PS3 right now. The Reason I ask is because I feel that all the games they are making now, on this generation of hardware, is second priority, when you perhaps in a years time, have games that look 10 times better than the best looking games around now. Will it be that huge of a leap? I'm a bit sad that I cannot play a game with huge graphical improvement right now(I know graphic isn't everything) but I would be less sad if I knew that the next generation of games won't be that much more of an improvement than this generation, perhaps just equal to the best looking pc games around now, which just is at a higher resolution.
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2Raptor715Posted 2/7/2013 8:45:06 AM
Have you ever seen a PC game? Release games will look a lot better than anything this gen.
---
PSN/GT Mythodix
#3Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:51:54 AM
Ok but are we talking about as huge of a leap as from PS2 generation to this HD generation?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#4zooknutPosted 2/7/2013 8:52:34 AM
yea they will be so advanced u wont be able to detect real life to playing a game anymore... unless u have a controller in your hand of course
#5Mutant1988Posted 2/7/2013 9:10:41 AM
Herrx posted...
Ok but are we talking about as huge of a leap as from PS2 generation to this HD generation?

Look up the PC version of any recently released game on youtube with the added search words: "Highest settings".

That is how good it will look.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#6Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:55:37 AM
Bump
---
#7SubSeenixPosted 2/7/2013 11:13:20 AM(edited)
Herrx posted...
perhaps just equal to the best looking pc games around now, which just is at a higher resolution.

Sorry but there is much more behind it.
Most Developers don't use the advantage of the PC right now but if they do they are in a complete different league.

NextGen Consoles will do what PCs do since 2010/11...hopefully.
For example the PC Version of Battlefield 3 supports 64 players on Maps that are at least 5-10 times as big as the console versions on settings the consoles can't even touch.

Battlefield 3 is one of the few games that show how far ahead the PC is compared to the current Gen and i think and hope NextGen games come close to it especially direct at launch with maybe Battlefield 4.

The Witcher 2 is another good example.
The 360 Version can't even touch the Low Settings of the PC Version cause CD Project went all out with that game cause they never planned a console version at all.
Witcher 3 sounds awesome and if they can do what they promise it will be a huge leap thanks to more power and new engines.

Skyrim is a joke if you compare it to the modded PC Version.
If Bethesda wouldn't be a bunch of money hungry lazy bastards the PC Version would have looked directly like this http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

GTA4 on PC with Mods looks better than the stuff we have seen from GTA5 right now.

PS : please don't come with Crysis 2 or 3.
Crysis 1 on PC was far more advanced than 2 and 3.Crytek destroyed their well earned reputation for money from the console gamers like a lot of other former PC pushers.
They went into a tube design and even at first didn't go all out on PC - The Patch didn't even do that much.Cause a tube level shooter is a tube level shooter.Doesn't matter how good it looks.Its not impressive compared to what they have done and could do.
Maybe with the NextGen they can use their engine again for open world stuff.But they are clearly hungry for the console money and reduce their possibilities to get the games even running on PS360.
They are not behind it like DICE with Battlefield - They developed 2 different versions.
PC and console - Not porting console to PC or anything like that.This is how it should be and Crytek could do such amazing things but they are a bunch of noobs.

There is potential for an insane leap and it looks like it will be possible to see that even with the early games of NextGen.
Of course PC will always be far ahead but the next Jump with the NextGen consoles will be remarkable.
And games like the upcoming The Last of Us on the PS3 are a stepping stone for the NextGen too cause its the first game with such an insanely good developed AI.
Such AI needs processing power and of course good developers but it will be easier to achieve something like that.I believe Naughty Dog when they say the finally squeezed absolutely everything out of the PS3 with that game.They don't mean that in terms of graphics - Its the combination of graphics AND AI.

Hopefully developers will do a good job and don't go further into that CoD Garbage direction most of them went in this Gen.
Cause then we don't need more power or anything - We should quit this hobby completely before we go full mongo with this idiot games.
#8Madmicky933Posted 2/7/2013 11:12:21 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Herrx posted...
perhaps just equal to the best looking pc games around now, which just is at a higher resolution.

Sorry but there is much more behind it.
Most Developers don't use the advantage of the PC right now but if they do they are in a complete different league.

NextGen Consoles will do what PCs do since 2010/11...hopefully.
For example the PC Version of Battlefield 3 supports 64 players on Maps that are at least 5-10 times as big as the console versions on settings the consoles can't even touch.

Battlefield 3 is one of the few games that show how far ahead the PC is compared to the current Gen and i think and hope NextGen games come close to it especially direct at launch with maybe Battlefield 4.

The Witcher 2 is another good example.
The 360 Version can't even touch the Low Settings of the PC Version cause CD Project went all out with that game cause they never planned a console version at all.
Witcher 3 sounds awesome and if they can do what they promise it will be a huge leap thanks to more power and new engines.

Skyrim is a joke if you compare it to the modded PC Version.
If Bethesda wouldn't be a bunch of money hungry lazy bastards the PC Version would have looked directly like this http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

GTA4 on PC with Mods looks better than the stuff we have seen from GTA5 right now.

There is potential for an insane leap and it looks like it will be possible to see that even with the early games of NextGen.
Of course PC will always be far ahead but the next Jump with the NextGen consoles will be remarkable.
And games like the upcoming The Last of Us on the PS3 are a stepping stone for the NextGen too cause its the first game with such an insanely good developed AI.
Such AI needs processing power and of course good developers but it will be easier to achieve something like that.I believe Naughty Dog when they say the finally squeezed absolutely everything out of the PS3 with that game.They don't mean that in terms of graphics - Its the combination of graphics AND AI.

Hopefully developers will do a good job and don't go further into that CoD Garbage direction most of them went in this Gen.
Cause then we don't need more power or anything - We should quit this hobby completely before we go full mongo with this idiot games.

This. Absolutely everything he says.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..