This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Why Have You Not Switched to PC Yet?
I'm pretty sure the only valid statement
"I just can't be bothered and I'm okay with this".
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
lostkiwi posted...Daz_QS posted...
You want pro's and cons? Right then, here's my earlier post (for which I have added one of your points to). It gives a much better illustration on the point you are trying to paint:
To put things in another light:
Benefits of PC gaming
- Better gaming performance
- Generally cheaper games
- A larger list of titles
- A better community for game modifications and extensibility.
Benefits of Console Gaming
- Completely Wireless in all respects
- Play in a shared environment
- Generally much larger displays
- Cheaper machine (than PC)
- Bigger exclusives
- A more streamlined experience : You can just put the game in and know it works
- A universal account (rather than a Steam Account, Origin Account, Games for Windows Account, etc)
- The experience is managed by Sony/Microsoft, rather than the publishers
I think I should speak more about that final point, since it is quite important. Having the console control the experience is significantly better than the publishers. Here are some examples of DRM imposed by publishers that I've had to endure in the past on the PC:
- A fixed number of activations that is actually possible to use up if you change PC rigs, and therefore possibly meaning you can't even play your game
- Always online DRM, even on single player games, that automatically forces you out of the game should you ever lose your internet connection, even for a moment.
- The force installation of third party programs that persistently monitor your gaming (effectively spyware) to ensure that you're playing legal copies.
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
I haven't up switched to the PC scene for two reasons:
1.) I just don't have the money to invest in a PC on a student budget.
2.) The PS3 has some of my favorite games that I love to play on it i.e. Ryū ga Gotoku, Metal Gear Solid... but mostly for Ryū ga Gotoku. I love that series :)
PSN ID: Jack_Tamaki
Because you touch yourself at night
While watching porn
On your PC
F*** the Ravens Forevermore!
SpacePirateSeal posted...PC has no games... That I want to play.
those games you mentioned are basically console games that ported to PC later after the testing finished.
So, I prefer console than PC.
Low capability of my PC is also an issue :D
Don't know what to write so this should be enough
PC gamer need to stop thinking they like gods because it really is annoy. I like some pc games that are free to play.
i play on pc , xbox , ps , wii , ds , tablet , and android.
on pc im playing with xbox360 controller
Deus ex HR
Fallout new vegas
Darksiders 1 & 2
already paid for my copy of tombraider for PC .
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
Well, it may look strange, but all this screen tearing (BTW, its not a glitch, its appear, because some games on consoles didnt have Vsync function ), FPS drop and blurry graphics didnt bother me.
Maybe because i am still play SNES\PSX\PS2 games sometime, and its really hard to impress me by graphics ? :)
But i am play some PC games - strategy and old \ indie RPG - which there is no on consoles.
PC elitist topics and "how old are you" topics should become ban-worthy offenses.
Sedix: Baffling Artist
Friends are PC users.
PC is WAAAAAY more hackable (Microsoft/Windows is HORRID).
I like the PS# community.
I'd have to MAJORLY upgrade or replace my current PC, which will be WAAAY more expensive than buying the new PS4 when it comes out.