This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games this generation do you think have had satisfying endings?

#21boxingtonPosted 2/7/2013 6:28:34 PM
Bioshock (the "good" ending")
Dishonored's low chaos ending
Max Payne 3
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption

and if you pay attention to the themes that GTA IV presents, the ending is pretty profound, IMO. it probably has my favorite ending to any game to come out this gen
---
http://imgur.com/AMN4G.gif
#22ThamauturgePosted 2/7/2013 6:54:38 PM
Loved MGS4 ending.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#23Space_MonkyPosted 2/7/2013 7:00:06 PM
Spec Ops: The Line
Infamous 2
The Darkness 2
---
The fiction will see the real.
#24MantisoPosted 2/7/2013 7:02:49 PM
Red Dead Redemption had the best ending to a game I've ever seen.

****SPOILERS****

The build up to the end, the calm before the storm, all the time knowing there's more to come. I've never experienced a game with so much patience that takes it's time to set the scene. Some people complain the ending drags with all the ranch missions but it's selling the idea that Johns life is returning to normal. If you cut those out it wouldn't work the way it does. At least not as well.
And then the end ending with his son, the final retribution and the freeze frame cut to credits. Just perfect.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#25RegalX7Posted 2/7/2013 7:03:44 PM
Xenoblade
---
SoloAce00: "I'm getting sick of hearing you bash us for saying M ratings make the game good."
#26fvzzPosted 2/7/2013 7:04:44 PM
Mantiso posted...
Red Dead Redemption had the best ending to a game I've ever seen.

****SPOILERS****

The build up to the end, the calm before the storm, all the time knowing there's more to come. I've never experienced a game with so much patience that takes it's time to set the scene. Some people complain the ending drags with all the ranch missions but it's selling the idea that Johns life is returning to normal. If you cut those out it wouldn't work the way it does. At least not as well.
And then the end ending with his son, the final retribution and the freeze frame cut to credits. Just perfect.

agree.

some people got butthurt and sad about it, but it was wrapped up so perfectly.