This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 announced for end-year release.

#21djwagonPosted 2/7/2013 1:05:18 PM(edited)
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
djwagon:

Are you serious? It's not because play-asia doesn't know, it's more likely that they don't want to tell you prematurely to avoid legal trouble. Play-asia is an online store (in HK). GNN (link above) is a gaming news coverage site (in TW). Their roles are different.

Plus, if you look at our links. Your information is technically outdated by at least one day.

so which is worst your link. or mine .they both can have legal troubles here correct.here is a ? if it was coming out this year .would we have not seen a demo or a demo unit.if i remember correctly they showed off demos of ps3 games before they released it months NOT the the way they are talking about with the ps4 .sounds like they are showing demos on 2,20,2013 at this so-called meeting they are having
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#22Ultimate_Nova_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:13:02 PM
djwagon posted...
so which is worst your link. or mine .they both can have legal troubles here correct.here is a ? if it was coming out this year .would we have not seen a demo or a demo unit.if i remember correctly they showed off demos of ps3 games before they released it months NOT the the way they are talking about with the ps4 .sounds like they are showing demos on 2,20,2013 at this so-called meeting they are having

Are you trolling or misinformed? You got me good.
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#23ThePatrickPosted 2/7/2013 2:04:57 PM
Here's the original Asahi Shinbun article if anyone else reads Japanese and is interested:

http://www.asahi.com/business/update/0207/TKY201302060568.html

Sounds legit. The price point is supposed to be over 40,000 yen (around $430 USD)
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#24ThePatrickPosted 2/7/2013 2:21:39 PM(edited)
Here's what the Asahi Shinbun article says:

"We learned on the 6th that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) plans to release its new gaming console 'Playstation (PS) 4' this year. They are expected to release the newer console by the end of the year, some 7 years after the release of the 'PS3' to the American and Japanese markets in 2006. The price is expected to exceed 40,000 yen [around $430 U.S.].

"Andrew House, president of SCE, will announce this at an event in the U.S. on the 20th called 'Playstation Meeting.'

"Although Sony has not revealed any details, it is expected that it will showcase high-definition graphics and have a controller similar to the PS3, but with a touch pad for input at your fingertips."
---
#25Ultimate_Nova_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:35:14 PM
^Exactly the same thing from my link, in a different language.
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#26ThePatrickPosted 2/7/2013 3:59:25 PM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
^Exactly the same thing from my link, in a different language.

I kinda figured but I never formally studied Chinese (except reading old Chinese from the 600s in the Japanese way, the way they used to way back before their writing system evolved), so I sometimes am at a bit of a loss since the Japanese use characters for different purposes. I just saw the hanzi for the Asahi Shinbun and went there so I could read it, yeah.

Since folks were like "Oh no, there are weird symbols, lololol" or whatever I thought I'd just post what the original Asahi report said in English.
---