This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does no one ever talk about Final Fantasy V?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does no one ever talk about Final Fantasy V?
3 years ago#1
I never played it so I am wondering why when someone talk about Final Fantasy they never mention 5?
3 years ago#2
Except for the combat system, it's not a very memorable game. There's no real story at all, and it ends up getting overshadowed by the two superior games that came before (IV) and after (VI) it.
3 years ago#3
I loved the job system in V. Never got very far after I lost the twins though... my attention span is poor.
Now Playing: Skyrim, ZOE HD, LittleBigPlanet 2, Okami, Fallout New Vegas.
Twitter @pjbenney
3 years ago#4
imo ff5 is better than 4 and 6, the job system was brilliant and ex death one of the best baddies ever

best ff pre ff7
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
3 years ago#5
squall1981 posted...
imo ff5 is better than 4 and 6, the job system was brilliant and ex death one of the best baddies ever

best ff pre ff7

Ex death was a mutant tree that got possessed by evil spirits I mean come on it's like they mad libed his origin story. (Gilgamesh was awesome though)
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
3 years ago#6
My favorite final fantasy along with tactics and VII the story isn't the best but I Iove the class system
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
3 years ago#7
PangLa posted...
I never played it so I am wondering why when someone talk about Final Fantasy they never mention 5?

FF1-6 would be like olddddd. Most gamers are neewwww. And most came to FF during the PS1 era which was FF7 the suppose best FF game of all time.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
3 years ago#8
Because everyone forgets the combat system, the villains, and the awesome overworld the game had. It was a generic FF story with generic FF characters, but I loved every bit of it. My favorite FF game.
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
3 years ago#9
i never talk about any FF from 1-6 never played them, dont plan on ever playing them
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
3 years ago#10
ryouma17 posted...
i never talk about any FF from 1-6 never played them, dont plan on ever playing them

What if they receive a HD remake on the PS4?
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why does no one ever talk about Final Fantasy V?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived