This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does no one ever talk about Final Fantasy V?

#11OhHeyltsYouPosted 2/7/2013 4:51:39 PM
Because the only things good about it are the job system and Gilgamesh.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#12PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:52:38 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
PangLa posted...
I never played it so I am wondering why when someone talk about Final Fantasy they never mention 5?

FF1-6 would be like olddddd. Most gamers are neewwww. And most came to FF during the PS1 era which was FF7 the suppose best FF game of all time.

Yeah, but a lot of people talk about how awesome FFIV and FFVI are.
#13EricCraptonPosted 2/7/2013 5:01:35 PM
nekrothing posted...
Except for the combat system, it's not a very memorable game. There's no real story at all, and it ends up getting overshadowed by the two superior games that came before (IV) and after (VI) it.

Pretty much. Its a game with one really great quality and not much else surrounded by two of the arguably best Final Fantasy games out there.
---
Terrible, take a lap.
#14ExtremeLightPosted 2/7/2013 5:02:35 PM
PangLa posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
PangLa posted...
I never played it so I am wondering why when someone talk about Final Fantasy they never mention 5?

FF1-6 would be like olddddd. Most gamers are neewwww. And most came to FF during the PS1 era which was FF7 the suppose best FF game of all time.

Yeah, but a lot of people talk about how awesome FFIV and FFVI are.

I agree with 6 but no one seem to talk about the first 5.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#15KiamNaahorPosted 2/7/2013 6:52:45 PM
Because it was never released in Europe and the US when it first got out (on the SNES).
#16vanalpsenPosted 2/7/2013 6:55:34 PM
PJB-11 posted...
I loved the job system in V. Never got very far after I lost the twins though... my attention span is poor.

lost the twins?
there are no twins in ff v, Palom and Porom is from ff iv

I've played ff v and it is really boring.
Bartz the protagonist doesn't have any better trait except that he's the only protagonist in ff who has a chocobo.
---
Don't know what to write so this should be enough