This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No More Third Party Exclusives, What Games Will Force Your Purchase?

#1RahzarXPosted 2/7/2013 5:05:03 PM
It's expected that third party exclusives are a thing of the past. In a future where first-party is king, what will force your hand?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/01/daily-reaction-ps4-and-xbox-720-what-the-next-gen-means-for-console-exclusives/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/ubisoft-discusses-next-gen-exclusivity-wii-u-support

Just for some examples, this is what each console owner can (possibly) expect plus whatever IP's get created obviously:

Sony:
Motorstorm
Killzone
LittleBigPlanet
Naughty Dog's Next Big Title
Gran Turismo
The Last Guardian
MLB: The Show
God of War
Infamous
Sly Cooper
Twisted Metal
Ratchet & Clank

Microsoft
Forza
Gears of War
Halo
Kinect Series
Project Gotham Racing
Trials Series

Nintendo
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Nintendo Wars (Advance Wars)
Pikmin
Pokemon
Donkey Kong
Fatal Frame
Metroid
Mario
Fire Emblem
Star Fox
Super Smash Brothers
Custom Robo
Mario Party
Mario Kart
Nintendo Party
Warioware
Zelda
Yoshi
Wario
Sin and Punishment
Kirby
Pilotwings
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2nekrothingPosted 2/7/2013 5:06:20 PM
nintendo
#3SigmaHacielPosted 2/7/2013 5:07:58 PM
If First-Party becomes the only, then ONLY Nintendo is going to be appealing.

If people truly believe third-parties aren't important, you haven't been conscious for most of the past few decades.
#4Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/7/2013 5:09:28 PM
Nintendo, because they actually buy Japanese developers unlike $ony and Microsoft.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#5RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:09:42 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
If First-Party becomes the only, then ONLY Nintendo is going to be appealing.

If people truly believe third-parties aren't important, you haven't been conscious for most of the past few decades.

They are important but it's not financially responsible to make an exclusive anymore. This is the first generation this will occur.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6IChangedMyNamePosted 2/7/2013 5:09:46 PM
Nintendos list seems a bit inflated, especially considering most of the titles will probably never see a proper sequel or at least not for a long time.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#7RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:10:47 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
Nintendos list seems a bit inflated, especially considering most of the titles will probably never see a proper sequel or at least not for a long time.

Almost every game on that list is getting a new game already. Besides 3 or 4.
---
#8enigma2274Posted 2/7/2013 5:11:15 PM
Sony. Metroid is the only Nintendo that interest me.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#9SigmaHacielPosted 2/7/2013 5:11:27 PM
RahzarX posted...
IChangedMyName posted...

Yeah, because we all know there is a new F-Zero coming.

Oh wait, we don't.

Because if a new F-Zero WAS coming, we'd be drowning in a sea of orgasmal bliss from the fans.
#10RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:12:19 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
RahzarX posted...
IChangedMyName posted...

Yeah, because we all know there is a new F-Zero coming.

Oh wait, we don't.

Because if a new F-Zero WAS coming, we'd be drowning in a sea of orgasmal bliss from the fans.

Besides 3 or 4.
Besides 3 or 4.
Besides 3 or 4.
Besides 3 or 4.
---