This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No More Third Party Exclusives, What Games Will Force Your Purchase?

#71RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:54:20 PM
Ryan Si posted...
Hard to say. I love Super Mario Galaxy, but can't stand Mario 64. I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but find the newer Zelda games rather stale. StarFox is good, but will it even show up on Wii U? How about F-Zero?

As far as Sony goes, I like the Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, Team ICO's games, and I like a lot of their exclusive PSN games like Flow and Journey. PSN is much better than Nintendo Network as well...as is the PS Store.

Microsoft has pretty much nothing exclusive I care about.

Hey man, I'm a hugeee Mario fan, just wondering why you don't like Mario 64? Is it the plainness of it all? The simplicity?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#72BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/7/2013 8:55:10 PM
Sony only makes FPS clones of MS so id have to say Nintendo. Excited about MH, Bayo 2, Windwaker HD, and im gonna try X out.
---
Greatness comes from within
#73kel25Posted 2/7/2013 9:12:06 PM
Microsoft - I only like two series that they hold the license to (Shadowrun and Crimson Skies) and both games they released for them on Xbox have been crap. The only other exclusive that I remotely like is Fable but it has always felt way too short.

Nintendo - I used to love Nintendo back in the NES/SNES era of gaming but that was mostly due to companies like Square Soft and Enix. Every once in a while they will have a great exclusive that I enjoy but there is just not enough to make me want to buy their console. The gimmick controller goes a long way in killing my interest.

Sony - They used to have more exclusives I loved but lost most of them went multiplatform or the developers never put the series on the PS3. They have a few exclusives that I enjoy but not many.

For now Sony has a slight edge but it really comes down to what the consoles will do for me. Things like no ads, free online, and no gimmick controllers will go a long way in deciding which console I will get next.
#74arclouks_xPosted 2/7/2013 9:52:58 PM
I came after reading nintendo's list, you missed some ps stuff, but I'll be getting ps4 and wii U.
---
PS3/VITA:arclouksx -Now playing:Dead space 3,Ps all stars,Dissidia Duodecim 012, Vagrant story,KZ3 MP.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#75RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:08:00 AM
Bump
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#76JohnHitman47Posted 2/8/2013 8:22:02 AM
I have to say sony.
Nintendo the only games that i like are mario, zelda & metroid unless the wii u offers a super exclusive ( i can't see 1) i will have to go with sony.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#77RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:26:12 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
I have to say sony.
Nintendo the only games that i like are mario, zelda & metroid unless the wii u offers a super exclusive ( i can't see 1) i will have to go with sony.

The new X game by Monolith is a huge one.
---
#78theshovellerPosted 2/8/2013 8:28:00 AM
Tough call. While I'm tempted to say Nintendo, I absolutely abhorred the latest Zelda and Metroid games that last came out, and there isn't much on the Nintendo systems I really like as they end up getting used less by me. I might have to go with Xbox, since I love the Halo series. The only Sony-made series that interest me are God of War (which I can't see how they're going to continue the story forward from the third one), Resistance (see God of War argument,) and Killzone (but the only one I played, 3, was extremely lacking for a stand-alone game.)

While I like more series on other systems, how much I like the one game beats out how much I like the other ones, combined with me not seeing a good future I would enjoy in those other series.
#79JohnHitman47Posted 2/8/2013 8:32:32 AM
RahzarX posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
I have to say sony.

The new X game by Monolith is a huge one.

Hmm? well i have to wait and see if the game its awesome i will change my mind and also buy a wii u, i want a wii u but i want at least 5 good exclusive released now or coming soon in order to buy a wii u.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#80RE4_StrangerPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:50 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
RahzarX posted...
Let me just prove you wrong real quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBZRKki1ZM - Nintendo Party
http://ca.ign.com/games/game-wario/wii-u-135751 - Warioware (Game & Wario)
Fire Emblem - JUST got a 3DS release, has an iteration on every console.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun - Every game was VERY well received, over due.
You doubt Star Fox and Metroid? Okay, maybe you should get your head checked...

Ya'know, I was tryna give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you weren't a complete fanboy, but this post proved it.

Here's my response to you infantile post.

The first two games you 'proved' to me were the 'Pathetic' ones I mentioned, really listing party games as a systems strength is embarrassing. It's a blatant attempt at inflating a list in favor of your favorites.

Golden Sun? Did you even bother to read? The game was well received critic-wise but how about sales? And how long ago was this Golden Sun game released? And how long was it since the prior release?

I doubt Star Fox and Metroid because other than that awful Dinosaur planet crap, we got Arsenal and.... N64 re-release? and Metroid? How many times are they gonna give us some kind of remake before they make a new one? Other M wasn't even made by Nintendo and it shows blatantly.

I'm a fan, a HUGE fan of most of the games I've bolded. I bolded them because its been soooooo long, since as a fan, they've given use any of them.

EDIT: Now back my original claim, Your list is more WISHFUL than FACTUAL.

Might as well list every IP owned by the competition too, Ya'know, the ones they own but are practically dead too.

Microsoft:

Sudeki
Phantdom Dust
Mech Assault
Brute Force
Fusion Frenzy

Sony:

Ape Escape
Uncharted
Demons Souls
Genji
Syphon Filter
Sports Champion
MediEvil
Jack and Daxter..

You get the point I'm making yet?

Ignoring the fanboy, man I'd love to see a new ape escape, syphon filter, medievil, jak and daxter, and phantom dust. That would be sweet.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh