This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the appeal of Aliens: Colonial Marines?

#11Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/7/2013 5:48:33 PM
If it's anything like AvP it's to emulate the feel of the movies and scare the hell out you.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#12crazyman32Posted 2/7/2013 5:57:52 PM(edited)
arstos posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
It is like asking what the appeal of an Event Horizon game is.

The fact that it is Event freakin Horizon.

The smart developers make games for the FANS of the game in question, not the casual who jerks it to advertisements and website wallpapers.

I'd buy it, f******* love that movie.

same here.I loved Event Horizon it's one of my favorite movies.I saw it the first night it hit theaters.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#13IChangedMyNamePosted 2/7/2013 6:05:54 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Its for fans of the ip. The game is canon (the first game ever to be canon) and is supposedly really faithful to the movies.

To the rest of us, it looks meh.

This is exactly the appeal to me.... I have no doubt it'll probably suck being in development since 2007.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#14boofiePosted 2/7/2013 6:08:31 PM
I think the appeal is Aliens and Colonial Marines. That motion detector. The aliens could be anywheres.
#15arstosPosted 2/7/2013 6:17:14 PM
crazyman32 posted...
arstos posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
It is like asking what the appeal of an Event Horizon game is.

The fact that it is Event freakin Horizon.

The smart developers make games for the FANS of the game in question, not the casual who jerks it to advertisements and website wallpapers.

I'd buy it, f******* love that movie.

same here.I loved Event Horizon it's one of my favorite movies.I saw it the first night it hit theaters.

I wish. I had never even heard of the movie till 2006, it came on after something else I was watching and instantly became one of my favorites. Waiting on the blue ray to come in the mail right now actually. Lol.

Apparently the original cut of the movie was half an hour longer but some of it disturbed the test audience too much and was cut and the studio didn't keep it, so was thought completely lost. The director said last year at Comic-Con that he recently found a vhs with the cut footage though, so with any luck we may get an extended version at some point
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#16RafedxPosted 2/7/2013 6:20:31 PM
XNo_FearX posted...
Is the game just a typical FPS?

Have you not seen Alien and Aliens? If not then yeah you would not understand (Don't know who wouldn't see it, unless they were born in 96 or something.)

The game is a direct sequel to Aliens, we get nostalgia by going back to the USS Sulaco and other iconic locations. Apparently some of the cast is back to voice some characters (I assume in the MP or maybe flashbacks, or footage from a cam.), and I believe Gorman and Bishop are doing new roles. We get the iconic weapons like the pulse rifle and smart gun.

Imagine playing 4 player coop, a Xenomorph swarm is on your ass and you and your team make it through a door 1 guy starts welding it shut while the others are covering you, only for the Xenomorphs to bust through the vents, take one of your partners away to be used as a host. You see the flash of the pulse rifles in the darkness as people are screaming, acid blood is flying all over the place and at the end of it you are alone, your friends are dead or missing but the swarm has been beaten for now. Whats that on the motion tracker? A blip, its closing in only to land on top of you then disappear thats when the fear hits you "That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do? "

**** I want this game, I have been waiting for it since it was announced for the damn PS2.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#17MantisoPosted 2/7/2013 6:53:10 PM
Because it's a solid action game set in the licensed Alien world. I've been waiting for a game like this for 15 years. As long as it's a competent FPS that captures the setting and atmosphere of the movie (which it seems to from previews) I'll enjoy the hell out of it.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#18OrangeSchweesePosted 2/7/2013 7:10:57 PM
Go watch Aliens.
#19este914Posted 2/7/2013 7:13:36 PM
I would see how to casuals it could look to be 'typical' ... And it probably is. But as a Aliens fan, and a FPS fan, I am interested to try this game and see if it appeals to me at all.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !