This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you think Call of Duty will take a break?

#11Killah PriestPosted 2/7/2013 5:43:59 PM
FPS have been going strong since like '93

don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12fvzzPosted 2/7/2013 5:44:22 PM
ArmedRebellion posted...
So I think it won't be until at least 5 years AFTER a good contender appears. And that itself hasn't happened yet. So it'll be at least 2020.

true there is nothing to challenge cod/take away a good portion of sales yet.

although activision also killed tony hawk last gen without any real contenders, so you never know.
#13Gameninja521Posted 2/7/2013 5:51:34 PM
Whenever the sales start to drop dramatically. And to the people calling others "idiots" for buying CoD each year, just stop. Don't judge people based on what games they play.
---
XBL: MrOneBarr
PSN: NYsOfficialBum
#14work_a_holicPosted 2/7/2013 5:53:17 PM
When gamers stop paying $60 for the games they love, it might take a break.
#15JimilliganPosted 2/7/2013 7:41:33 PM
All the sports games are still around and all they do is release the same basic game every year. So i'm going to say it will probably be around for some time.
---
So say we all
#16zerooo0Posted 2/7/2013 7:43:16 PM
Gameninja521 posted...
Whenever the sales start to drop dramatically. And to the people calling others "idiots" for buying CoD each year, just stop. Don't judge people based on what games they play.

This.

I buy CoD every year, and so far every CoD has been worth it. Probably the most disappointing for me would be MW3.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#17EternalDividePosted 2/7/2013 11:54:45 PM
I say they can milk it maybe 2 more years with record sales then it'll start going down.
Then Activision will panic and make ill advised changes and really PO people.
Then limp on a ways before they break off for a few years.

Everything comes and goes. Nothing stays on top forever, even if it seems like it will.
It seemed like the sun rose and set in the gaming world day in day out on all those Guitar/Rock Band games a few years ago. Then bang. Down the toilet overnight.
#18AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/8/2013 12:02:35 AM(edited)
When GTA V crushes MW3's record and gets back on top later this year, hopefully this genre will just die already.
#19ajko000Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:47 AM
Never, so long as children, military wannabes, and fat rednecks exist.
#20sth26307Posted 2/8/2013 12:14:27 AM(edited)
Activision will take a brake from CoD when serious competition comes but with other developers thinking they need to copy CoD formula to be good (but it ends up ruining there game) it will never happen
---
You do not throw rocks at a man who's got a machine gun