This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did PSN+ change how they handle free game downloads?

#1numberonecubsfan 2Posted 2/7/2013 6:44:15 PM
Before, any free game for PSN+ got added to the cart and 'bought' for $0. Which was great for getting multiple games at once you just wanted to download later. When I go into there now, though, there is no add to cart option, no way to get it added to a bought list for future download. Purely download the game only. Which is not the end of the world, except I've encountered situations (such as with Street Fighter 4 and Darksiders) where the game needs twice its actual size so it can unpack everything. Meaning I'll have to clear out a bunch of games and data just to download the one game. Rather than just beat the games I have first and clear them out.

I'm rambling. But the point is, did PSN change this, where free games are no longer registered as purchases? Or am I just doing something wrong?
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Allie21/numberone.gif
#2tworow2Posted 2/7/2013 6:47:30 PM
They did change it, yeah. It's kind of annoying. Starting the Download does still add it to your Purchase History, but that means you need to start and stop each download if you don't want to do it right that minute.

You can still use the old functionality using the online storefront.