This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can Mass Effect 3 be considered a roleplaying GAME?

#1MarxismLeninismPosted 2/7/2013 11:39:14 PM
The mind reels and my voice catches in my throat whenever I hear some uncultured capitalist utter the term "game" in relation to Mass Effect 3 by the true interpreter of the truth BioWare Studios.

I much prefer the term of my own coinage "Roleplaying 3D story" in consideration of the fact that "game" mechanics are virtually not present vis--vis other titles for the PlayStation 3 platform. To me Mass Effect 3 is a systematic 3D experience where the visuals, audio and storytelling flow in harmony to stimulate thought and action, and choices are presented in maieutic fashion pullulating to the subconscious of the people the permanent truths of gender politics, historic patriarch oppressions, and the dialectic dynamics of the bourgeois and proletariat struggle.
---
"Capitalists are no more capable of self-sacrifice than a man is capable of lifting himself up by his own bootstraps." -Vladimir Lenin
#2theatrical_catPosted 2/7/2013 11:40:02 PM
thass a lotta words
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3jrr18Posted 2/7/2013 11:41:17 PM
9/10 for the original twist on how can (insert game here be an RPG).
---
Victory over death itself through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4kcypher2000Posted 2/7/2013 11:59:58 PM
Obviously some one never played it. Btw if its not a game then show me how far you get without pulling a trigger or walking. Better question is how are jrpgs considered rpgs when they have no ROLEPLAYING.
#5jubjub360Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:36 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Obviously some one never played it. Btw if its not a game then show me how far you get without pulling a trigger or walking. Better question is how are jrpgs considered rpgs when they have no ROLEPLAYING.

Did not read.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#6theatrical_catPosted 2/8/2013 12:02:10 AM
kcypher2000 posted...

Going by that logic, all games are RPGs. I mean, in Halo, you play the role of Master Chief, right? In Zelda games, you play the role of Link. In Uncharted, you play the role of Nathan Drake.

Taking Role Playing Game literally leads to a lot of confusion.
---
#7kcypher2000Posted 2/8/2013 12:05:21 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Going by that logic, all games are RPGs. I mean, in Halo, you play the role of Master Chief, right? In Zelda games, you play the role of Link. In Uncharted, you play the role of Nathan Drake.

No you just have no clue what role playing is. Thats why you are confused. Witcher, ME, BG those are all role playing games because you are actually in the role of your character and can make decisions that impact the world and those around you. Not just customize your characters stats.
#8theatrical_catPosted 2/8/2013 12:09:49 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

No you just have no clue what role playing is. Thats why you are confused. Witcher, ME, BG those are all role playing games because you are actually in the role of your character and can make decisions that impact the world and those around you. Not just customize your characters stats.

You're throwing a pretty narrow net there. Besides, by that logic, The Walking Dead is an RPG, and that's just not true.
---
#9kcypher2000Posted 2/8/2013 12:11:48 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

You're throwing a pretty narrow net there. Besides, by that logic, The Walking Dead is an RPG, and that's just not true.

Why not? More role playing in it then in any jrpgs. Role playing existed before games, it was in pen and paper and in the bed room and no where did you have to level up and adjust stats, you just had to play a role.

By the jrpg definition.... wait a second there is no definition by those standards.
#10656stoogePosted 2/8/2013 12:15:55 AM
Go play D&D and tell me RPG's aren't about leveling up stats and weapons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKk-9lPMQZ0
--Car boot and pigeon ****