This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If people don't like modern FF, why do they keep buying and playing the games?

#41Rennik RepotsirPosted 2/8/2013 8:04:00 AM
I still bought into the FF in hopes of another game I could enjoy. I was trying to give them a chance; but it just maintained a disappointing state. So, I gave up on FF after giving up on 12...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#42il_capitanoPosted 2/8/2013 8:23:21 AM
Stopped buying them after FFXIII.

Anyway, it was both amusing and sad to go to the FFXIII-2 board back when it was into the top ten. So many blind people happily accepting to be milked with dlc, and to keep dealing with a crap story(loltimeparadox) and meaningless characters.

To each his own i guess, but i don't accept to play a game which quality is a shadow of what it was in the past, and developed with the sole purpose of milking money off fanboys.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#431Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:41:28 PM
Rennik Repotsir posted...
I still bought into the FF in hopes of another game I could enjoy. I was trying to give them a chance; but it just maintained a disappointing state. So, I gave up on FF after giving up on 12...

For me, FFXII is what made the serious great again after the disappointing FFX and FFX-2.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#44ArkonBladePosted 2/8/2013 11:14:17 PM
Have not bought a FF game since FF13 and don't plan on getting another unless its a remake of a older one.

Unless SE gets there act together have no intent on buying any new FF games in the franchise.especially one that has a 13 in it.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#451Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:05:48 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Have not bought a FF game since FF13 and don't plan on getting another unless its a remake of a older one.

Unless SE gets there act together have no intent on buying any new FF games in the franchise.especially one that has a 13 in it.

You're not the only one with that mindset.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#46Wario_manPosted 2/9/2013 1:42:28 AM
I haven't played one in years, I've checked them out on Youtube and watch a friend try to play them and they just looked like garbage. I don't know how people stand them anymore.
Good thing I have Spoony to bring me back to reality.
I guess it is kind of like me with Sonic though. For people who grew up with the series, anyway. It was something they loved and grew up with and spent time with when they were alone or bored or feeling down and it cheered them up and they could show their friends and have them share in the wonderment and they desperately want to be able to capture that feeling again but each time the game lets them down but then another one is announced and they're like "This will be the one!" and they pin all their hopes on that one but it lets them down too and it just keeps happening and each time they get more and more bitter.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#47enigma2274Posted 2/9/2013 1:51:54 AM
Sheep. FF fans and COD fans are sheep.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#48digidevilwilPosted 2/9/2013 1:56:20 AM
il_capitano posted...
Stopped buying them after FFXIII.

Anyway, it was both amusing and sad to go to the FFXIII-2 board back when it was into the top ten. So many blind people happily accepting to be milked with dlc, and to keep dealing with a crap story(loltimeparadox) and meaningless characters.

To each his own i guess, but i don't accept to play a game which quality is a shadow of what it was in the past, and developed with the sole purpose of milking money off fanboys.

All of that compared to what? Meaningless characters compared to what? Unnecessary to buy DLC compared to WHAT? and XIII-2 isn't even the first side game in the FF series to utilize DLC. It's rather hilarious that people keep trying to compare XIII-2 to mainline titles, and that they overlook past instances of "taking advantage" of the fanbase.

I wish side games in other series were half as strong as XIII-2 was.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX