This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom brings back the horror in RE. Why not bring back old Dante too?

#21true_gamer80Posted 2/8/2013 11:39:50 AM
The "DMC" Reboot resulted in a game that is just BARELY identifiable as a DMC game. If it didn't use core names from DMC, it wouldn't be a DMC game at all.

barely identifiable as a dmc...please drama queen lol....younger dante and a new hair color completely take away everything that made dmc....while there were some changes they werent that big as to say hwat you just did lol....stop being the typcial GF dramaqueen lol...
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#22PhaseSlaethePosted 2/8/2013 11:42:28 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
it was just 1 game, i doubt their gonna do this s*** again

You never know my friend. Its Capcom

re6 for capcom was considered a failure and it sold millions. dmc sold, i think, not even 500,000, so hopefully they never give ninja theory anything again, and the keep old dante, which i think is gonna happen

DmC was a great game and only got those bad sales of not justified mimimimi cause Dante looked different.

Dante is the same idiot he was in the previous games.
If you think Dante is cool you are completely stupid - He is annyoing and far behind characters like Bayonetta.
DmC Dante just looked different but the gameplay was still well done - Ninja Theory did a good job.

And most crybabies here don't know crap about the franchise.
Since DMC the original team didn't work anymore on the franchise - Every Devil May Cry was a reboot but DmC had a different looking Dante....mimimimimimimi

WTF are you talking about?

This is so wrong on countless levels. Around 7, to be exact.

Lets begin then -

DmC was a DECENT game that got bad sales because it was a decent game but the worst DMC title since 2.

Dante IS cool. Being a smart-mouthed badass who knows his place in life and goes about things how he feels is right IS cool. Being a trailer-trash hobo who bangs random slags is the epitome of fail.

And what was annoying about Bayo? Oh right. Nothing.

The gameplay was watered down from the DMC series. Not great, but good. NT did a passable job there. Probably the only good job with DmC they did.

Actually, every core fan of DMC knows more than you think.

And "Since DMC the original team didn't work anymore on the franchise - Every Devil May Cry was a reboot" ? Are you serious? I don't see the original team caring about where the series went till DmC. DMC2-4 were prequels/sequels that worked with the first game. What was DmC besides a travesty?

Also, you fail for falling back to the "the design changed" argument that only ignorant fanboys of DmC use anymore.
#23true_gamer80Posted 2/8/2013 11:45:32 AM(edited)
Dante IS cool

I agree, if your a 13 year old who thinks forced "attitude " and childish face plam one liners are cool. While I always loved the dmc games the dante as a charactere has always been laughable to me.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#24theshovellerPosted 2/8/2013 11:45:33 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
There is a core difference there.

The "DMC" Reboot resulted in a game that is just BARELY identifiable as a DMC game. If it didn't use core names from DMC, it wouldn't be a DMC game at all.

So stop acting like all the changes were looked at poorly because the core fans "hate" change. The core fans know the series better than Capcom does, apparently. Capcom should hate that they shot themselves in the scrote with that garbage.

The people who hate RE right now are the fans who saw RE turn into a generic TPS with action set-pieces and QTE moments that don't work to achieve anything.

ANYTHING but that would probably be fine. It isn't like the past games have been burnt out of the Akashic Records or anything.

Regarding Devil May Cry:

Core difference? I see a guy, who's half-demon, who fights against the demon that enslaved (there's a difference there) his father and killed his mother. He fights his brother and decides that humanity needs a protector. It's Devil May Cry, no matter how you slice it from a plot angle.

Gameplay? I still see swords, I still see guns, I still see the ability to swap between them by simply pressing a button, I still see combos, I still see double-jumping, I still see Devil Triggering, I still see vital stars, I still see orbs, I still see fighting hordes of demons at a time. Seems like a Devil May Cry game to me in that respect, too.

Regarding Resident Evil:

I'm one of those fans who played the RE games from RE2 (I went back and played RE1 afterwards) onwards, and I still think it's the same. You fight zombies and other bio-weapons. You fight against Umbrella, or the "can of worms" that Umbrella has opened up world-wide. You try to survive in environments where there is nobody you can trust - the army comes in and gets wiped out. The quad you have gets wiped out. The people who live where you crash down your plane want to kill you.

They have guns now. I can see why people would be upset with that. You want to fight shambling, slowly-walking masses of dead flesh and bone for six games straight? I don't. Having them turn everyone into one of those frog-like Hunters would be stupid, because you'd have the same issue - with Hunters being the norm ,you know how to deal with them and the threat is minimal. Same thing with Lickers. Same thing with Tyrants (which are hard to make - something like one out of every 1,000 or 10,000 infected with the T-virus turns into one, right?) With the evolution they've had in just control schemes, the games have become infinitely easier. Ten bullets might have had one head shot in older RE games, because it was a random chance to kill a zombie outright. In the new games, 10 bullets can be 10 headshots because you can actually aim where you're shooting.

Just my thoughts on that. Agree to disagree?
#25PhaseSlaethePosted 2/8/2013 11:46:19 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
Dante IS cool

I agree, if your a 13 year old who thinks forced "attitude " and childish face plam one liners are cool. While I always loved the dmc games the dante as a charactere has always been laughable to me.

Which was the point. Nobody would have liked the game if he was a try-hard douche. He was a laidback smartass who threw out cheesy 80s-esque lines.
#26superbowl54Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:53 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
it was just 1 game, i doubt their gonna do this s*** again

You never know my friend. Its Capcom

re6 for capcom was considered a failure and it sold millions. dmc sold, i think, not even 500,000, so hopefully they never give ninja theory anything again, and the keep old dante, which i think is gonna happen

I hope it will. Cause if I see a DmC 2 ill suicide

if all antis had this attitude, then BRING ON DmC2!
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC