This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People always wonder why CoD is so succesful every year.....

#1Cosmic_CoyotePosted 2/8/2013 9:46:03 AM
Maybe because they do games people actually want to play?
(Same reasons why Mario Bros rescuing a Princess formula is successful every time)

-They donīt do stupid unnecessary reboots.

-They donīt try to go Hipster and Edgier.

-They sell military FPS... and every year it is still a military FPS and not other silly random or "innovative" thing nobody asked for.

-The difficult of the game allows everyone to be happy, no matter if you are a try hard with no life who obsessively plays 24/7 or a casual guy with a life and not much time to practice, both can pick up the game at any time and can have fair fun with it unless maybe all fighting games that are unplayable after a week if you are not Justin Wong or ComboFiend.

-They offer several modes just for fun like Zombies or Spec Ops where you can do several activities outside the campaign or use special weapons or play as Jugegrnauts etc.... without the lazy developers calling the "We canīt include this because the game is realistic and wonīt fit in the game...."

At the end games that donīt sell well is because the didnīt appealed to the consumer and before you go "Grrraw you are an entittled brat and".... etc... remember... Developers are NOT entittled to our money either, they make games we want to buy or they go bankrupt, period not the otherwise around.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#2work_a_holicPosted 2/8/2013 9:49:26 AM
People slam it for being the same game every year (I'm guilty), but that's why people love it. When you get call of duty, you know what you're getting. That's why it sells. It caught on early, and it wasn't ever changed.
#3Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/8/2013 9:54:20 AM
I agree with TC. Sometimes I wish that some of my favourite series had kept on the path of what originally made them great.
#4gilv3rPosted 2/8/2013 10:02:58 AM
So why not just play one game then and not buy anymore?
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#5Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/8/2013 10:04:20 AM
gilv3r posted...

smh
#6mogar002Posted 2/8/2013 10:05:07 AM
Because the devs stop caring about the previous games, which is why they are full of hackers.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 2/8/2013 10:05:35 AM
gilv3r posted...

I did this with COD. The story is no good but gameplay, scenery, music is almost identical between them all. So I can just keep one.

I mean no one plays Mario for the story but at least everything else is different.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#8xenosaga123Posted 2/8/2013 10:06:53 AM
they would get more sales adding playable female soldiers like Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
#9OnDiscDLCPosted 2/8/2013 10:08:25 AM
That and because it's a great quality series.
#10gilv3rPosted 2/8/2013 10:09:17 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
gilv3r posted...

smh

Just a question Nance.
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us