This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: Killzone 4 will release with the launch of the PlayStation 4 this year

#21Elements012894Posted 2/9/2013 1:56:03 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Elements012894 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
If it runs 1080p 60fps they may just sell me on a PS4 at launch.

1080p sure, 60fps hell no. They learned their lesson with Resistance fall of man.

?

Only Resistance 2 was 60fps, the rest ran 30fps and were made by Insomniac, not Guerrilla.

Resistance 1 was 60fps. And the game was considered ugly as hell and really made the PS3 look bad since it was being compared to gears of war which came out the same year. In addition to the huge price of the PS3 the games didn't even look as good so it hurt the system.

Resistance 2 went 30fps and looked alot better and colorful. By they I meant Sony, so isn't going to let microsoft get the edge on which system has the most horse power, because killzone wanted to be 60fps.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#22Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 1:57:28 AM
meh, a FPS will never sell me a console...
#23PendragoonPosted 2/9/2013 2:20:21 AM
Elements012894 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

?

Only Resistance 2 was 60fps, the rest ran 30fps and were made by Insomniac, not Guerrilla.

Resistance 1 was 60fps. And the game was considered ugly as hell and really made the PS3 look bad since it was being compared to gears of war which came out the same year. In addition to the huge price of the PS3 the games didn't even look as good so it hurt the system.

Resistance 2 went 30fps and looked alot better and colorful. By they I meant Sony, so isn't going to let microsoft get the edge on which system has the most horse power, because killzone wanted to be 60fps.

Resistance 1 = 720p 30fps

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Resistance-Fall-of-Man-is-Run-at-30FPS-amp-720P/td-p/933174

You were right about Resistance 2 being 30fps, since both Ratchet titles were 60fps I made the assumption that they had learned enough about the hardware to get 60fps on that as well, especially since the scale of the levels was shrunk so much.

And times have changed, the best selling shooter on the market is a 60fps game, you would think more developers would notice that and shoot for higher frame rates.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#24Elements012894Posted 2/9/2013 2:32:26 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Elements012894 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

?

Resistance 1 = 720p 30fps

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Resistance-Fall-of-Man-is-Run-at-30FPS-amp-720P/td-p/933174

You were right about Resistance 2 being 30fps, since both Ratchet titles were 60fps I made the assumption that they had learned enough about the hardware to get 60fps on that as well, especially since the scale of the levels was shrunk so much.

And times have changed, the best selling shooter on the market is a 60fps game, you would think more developers would notice that and shoot for higher frame rates.

No doubt about that, I never understood why they've never bothered to compete with that aspect of COD.

I'm quite shocked resistance 1 wasn't 60fps. I swore it was. Damn that was just an ugly ass game then lol. Regardless my point still stand that Killzone 4 won't be 60fps based on the fact people will think that Microsoft is a stronger console when the next halo runs at 30fps with better graphics.

Or maybe they'll make Killzone 4 60fps then make Killzone 5 30fps to show a massive improvement in graphics. Kinda like what I thought they did with Resistance. But I doubt that.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#25BloodyBoogerPosted 2/9/2013 4:27:34 AM
killzone 2/3 were fantastic. i'll be getting 4 for sure.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#26Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/9/2013 5:15:05 AM
Elements012894 posted...

Eh Resistance went on to become Insomniac's highest selling game (something like 3 or 4 million if I remember) and looked better than any of the 360 launch titles (and in fact looked pretty good compared to any 360 title at the time save for Gears of War).

Besides it usually takes a good while (around a year) to show off what a system can really do. The PS2 was considered a disappointment (games looked worse than Dreamcast titles) then a year in the Gran Turismo 3+Final Fantasy 10+Metal Gear Solid 2 trilogy really sold people on the system.

Launch 360 games looked like prettier PS2/Xbox games. I mean remember when this wowed people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsIHRI3U_p4

Anyway I think Guerrilla Games are more technical wizzes than Insomniac are. Killzone 2 and 3 overshadowed all of Insomniac's PS3 efforts. I mean Killzone 2 from 2009 looked better than Resistance 3 did two and a half years later...

Sony would be wise to have one of their technical powerhouse studios (Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios) to have a game at launch. I think all three of those studios have multiple teams now but I don't see ND or SMS shipping two games in one year (The Last of Us of ND and GoW: Accession for SMS); it would be counter-productive for Sony and the developers.

We haven't heard from Guerrilla since Killzone 3 (other than developing the Vita Killzone game). I think out of all of Sony's major studios they are the ones most likely to have the "killer app" launch/launch window game.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#27necro00Posted 2/9/2013 12:16:38 PM
The gameplay will suck