This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obsidian is a poor American version of Atlus...

#1mtjormitchPosted 2/8/2013 10:15:15 AM
Just being honest. I love Obsidian and I hope that they can get out the three games they are coming out with, (South Park, that one Kickstarter game and HOPEFULLY a Star Wars RPG they are trying to make.)

However, due to Obsidians treatment due to several publishers and stuff, they are pretty damn poor. Now. I don't mean to be mean, but... it is utterly astounding they have managed to keep together like this for so long.

They constantly keep making awesome upon awesome video game with only the bugs ruining it.

Why am I comparing them to the rich Atlus? Well... Obsidian could, and I mean, COULD become the next Atlus if they can get together and produce something amazing so they can become a damn brand. Atlus games are awesome, There are only like... two that aren't that great but are still average. Same with Obsidian, the only really average stuff is Dungeon Siege 3 and maybe pre modded Star Wars 2.

However, all Obsidian need is a Persona 3/4 amount of greatness to come out and they can really start pumping out the awesome.

I would much rather have Atlus and Obsidian be rivals than Square Enix and Bioware. For the damn reason that with the former choice would actually get us some awesome video games.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2LittlejefferyPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:14 AM
Pinkie Pie is the best pony.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:16:51 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
Pinkie Pie is the best pony.

Pinkie Pie? Is that... like. A old canceled Hostess cup cake?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4mogar002Posted 2/8/2013 10:16:58 AM
Atlus and Obsidian are not alike.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5deadmarvPosted 2/8/2013 10:17:55 AM
persona greatness? persona sucks.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#6BlueBombei2Posted 2/8/2013 10:19:14 AM
Fun fact... Atlus has made 1 count'em 1 game for the PS3. They aren't even in the same league as Obsidian.
#7mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:19:19 AM
mogar002 posted...

One is a rich JRPG dev that makes awesome games, and one is a WRPG that is poor yet keeps making awesome games. They could easily become huge rivals if Obsidian can hit a single one out of the park.
---
#8mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:20:10 AM
deadmarv posted...
persona greatness? persona sucks.

Persona 3 made me cry... please leave now. It's greatness was wasted on you.
---
#9BlueBombei2Posted 2/8/2013 10:20:42 AM
mtjormitch posted...
mogar002 posted...

One is a rich JRPG dev that makes awesome games, and one is a WRPG that is poor yet keeps making awesome games. They could easily become huge rivals if Obsidian can hit a single one out of the park.

Keeps making awesome games!? On handhelds...
#10mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:21:22 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Fun fact... Atlus has made 1 count'em 1 game for the PS3. They aren't even in the same league as Obsidian.

Yet they are incredibly rich. Heck, they keep selling out of all their games within a month. Try looking at DS, 3DS and PSP and VITA... It is insane how much stuff they released on those systems.
---