This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obsidian is a poor American version of Atlus...

#61mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:33:48 PM
badboy posted...
Atlus is rich? Do you know that none of their games sold 1 million copies? Atlus is niche even in Japan.

Are you freaking kidding me? Oh, I guess they are niche even though they pretty much have top selling games for even the freaking vita! They have sold out games... on the Vita... the system no one in their right minds have.

That is a accomplishment beyond words. Also the fact that they have two animes coming out, P3 movies and Devil Survivor two series. SMT4, Etrian Oddyssey and even P5 being worked on... yeah... real niche... do you even know what that word even means?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#62badboyPosted 2/8/2013 2:44:51 PM
Vita has absolutely no good games, that's why P4 was sold out. Atlus is nothing compared to the other big RPG companies, American or Japanese, when it comes to commercial success.
#63SpacePirateSealPosted 2/8/2013 2:49:00 PM
Eh, this whole topic is silly, Obsidian can't be compared to other devs since most of the time:
Their games suck
Their games are good but are ridiculously glitchy
They try their best and make an average game
If anything they're like Compile Heart...
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#64mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:56:24 PM
badboy posted...
Vita has absolutely no good games, that's why P4 was sold out. Atlus is nothing compared to the other big RPG companies, American or Japanese, when it comes to commercial success.

Wow... so, umm... The Persona 4 game sold THIS DAMN WELL!

Persona 4 was highly acclaimed by critics within and outside Japan, and remained on top of sales charts on its initial release. In Japan, the game sold 193,000 copies within a week of its release, while in North America, Persona 4 was the highest-selling PlayStation 2 game on Amazon.com for two consecutive weeks.

So... not a commercial success... are you high? No, really. All of their games sell well. In fact. The only game I think that hasn't sold well in the last few years has to be... I dunno, Code Of Princess. Other than that. They actually keep their games sold out and reprint when sold out. That alone makes them a crapton of money and they probably make more money in a day than you in a year.

Considering Square Enix has effectively been killed by their own stupidity like Bioware, Yeah... the least best seller out there when compared to now dead franchises that are basically zombified corpses... Yeah! Atlus games don't sell well at all due to their high quality and huge amounts of advertisements! SARCASM!
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#65ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/8/2013 3:28:04 PM
Pretty much every RPG dev is crap compared to Atlus.
#66Singularity_UKPosted 2/8/2013 5:31:50 PM
They're just so unfocused. More like freelance developers than anything with their own identity.
#67BlueBombei2Posted 2/8/2013 11:35:24 PM
mtjormitch posted...
badboy posted...

Wow... so, umm... The Persona 4 game sold THIS DAMN WELL!

Persona 4 was highly acclaimed by critics within and outside Japan, and remained on top of sales charts on its initial release. In Japan, the game sold 193,000 copies within a week of its release, while in North America, Persona 4 was the highest-selling PlayStation 2 game on Amazon.com for two consecutive weeks.

So... not a commercial success... are you high? No, really. All of their games sell well. In fact. The only game I think that hasn't sold well in the last few years has to be... I dunno, Code Of Princess. Other than that. They actually keep their games sold out and reprint when sold out. That alone makes them a crapton of money and they probably make more money in a day than you in a year.

Considering Square Enix has effectively been killed by their own stupidity like Bioware, Yeah... the least best seller out there when compared to now dead franchises that are basically zombified corpses... Yeah! Atlus games don't sell well at all due to their high quality and huge amounts of advertisements! SARCASM!

Persona 4 Golden sold less 400k units world-wide. Fifa Soccer and Uncharted both outsold it. (Not counting AC:L and CoD: BOD since they came in bundles). It's a commercial success, but It's still not touching Final Fantasy IV on DS sales. Nowhere near close to half even. Atlus will never make a game on the PS3, Vita, or any current or next generation system that will out perform Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Final Fantasy. I guess it's cool to hate mainstream success.

Stop being a fanboy. Atlus makes great handheld games, but it isn't something you can compare to console or PC sales. If you try to you're going to have a baaaaad time.
#68deadmarvPosted 2/9/2013 1:11:48 PM
mogar002 posted...
The basis for your opinion is pathetic, so yes.

I find it funny that whenever I post my opinion about a jrpg a fan will always attack me.

I don't think I've ever posted a negative thing about a poster.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#69mogar002Posted 2/9/2013 1:15:05 PM
You're still here? Go away
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#70deadmarvPosted 2/9/2013 1:15:21 PM
One other thing, Atlus made the Deception series, right? I love those games, I can't recall an Obsidian made game. I wasn't disagreeing with the TC's opinion, just his opinion about persona's greatness.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.