This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Worst video game community.

#81GloryChaosPosted 2/8/2013 1:56:06 PM
theshoveller posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Why is there no "all" option?

Use "other," it's what me and a few others did before specifying that same thing.

Noted. Reading through this topic, that post you made sums things up quite nicely.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#82ArrowFluxPosted 2/8/2013 1:59:13 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
Sonic the Hedgehog fans.

They will defend to the death some of the worst games ever made and claim that they're achievements in human greatness. It's disgusting.

Really? I'm a Sonic fan but I don't do that. I only liked Generations/Colors from the last Sonic game, I thought the rest were garbage.

I'm generalizing of course, but the majority of Sonic fans are way too sefensive about bulls**t. I'm a Sonic fan too, and I have no delusions that most of the games are crap.

Most fans are always "SONIC 06 IS REALLY GOOD IT WASN'T GLITCHY FOR ME ANYONE WHO HATES IT IS STUPID" or "SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG HAD SUCH A MATURE STORY IT WAS AWESOME GUNS ARE COOL" or "SA1 WAS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE THE DREAMCAST WAS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER GAMMA WAS SOOOOO DEEP". It's the most grating thing I can imagine.

Anyone who says Sonic 06 was good is delusional.
---
PSN: ArrowFlux
Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/thearrowflux
#83Juvart24Posted 2/8/2013 2:07:33 PM
GradyHoover posted...
GameFAQs.

---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#84_Shikoba_Posted 2/8/2013 2:11:10 PM
RedJackson posted...
_Shikoba_ posted...
theshoveller posted...
_Shikoba_ posted...
Gamers in general. Community doesn't matter.

You say it in so few words! I wish I could do that, too. Just look at my mini-thesis up there...

lol What you said is true, I suppose I just gave up trying to go into details too much on gamefaqs. Like, I could go on and on by how much i am enjoying Dead Space 3, yet all I see around here is people being upset by little pointless things like the genre it's "supposed" to fit in. Damn, I used to play Space Invaders and think it was the coolest thing ever. Now I can play a game where I can fly around space in zero gravity and blasting monsters and seeing incredible graphics while I'm at it? I just don't get gamers sometimes.

That's completely understandable though.

Pretty much the only games I buy are survival horror games or any "scary" game really and that's because there's a huge emphasis on creating atmosphere and a sense of being able to immersive yourself to create a sense of fear. You know it's just a video game but for some reason there's a sense of fear walking into the next room where all you have is nothing but a dim flashlight to defend yourself with your field of view only being where the flashlight is illuminating the room.

Not to mention the horrifying sounds of some twisted, deranged creature hanging around only to belt out otherworldly guttural noises and piercing cries all add to the immersion

When a game like Dead Space comes out it makes me excited because I know it'll include all of that but there's a tendency for games to lose that spark that made me connected in the first place either because the plot develops and suddenly you have teammates for company (unless they get picked off one by one ;) ) or the setting changes or whatever else they do and that's sometimes the cause for complaints (at least for me it is)

I really can't believe people think immersion is some kind of new-age "fad", so much falls under that such as actual gameplay or visuals and graphics.

I won't say you are wrong, of course you are not, but I think the way we immerse ourselves in the game is different? The immersion for me is the sci-fi aspect of the game because I am a huge sci-fi fan. Not so much the horror moments.The space parts in zero gravity where theres next to no sound are just awesome and imo very immersive. Dead Space does a wonderful job of sort of... "Keeping you in the game." The cut scenes almost always have you in control of Isaac or have the camera remain in place behind him to not break away from that "in game" experience. I like that. I know a lot of people are unhappy with the horror-ness of the games, but to me they have always seemed like... thrillers. and for me that has never really changed.
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#85IronticsDragonLPosted 2/8/2013 2:15:05 PM
CoD has the worst fanbase ever. They all think that they are gamers, but every time they try to play something different, like Dark Souls or Skyrim and the like, "OMG THIS GAME IS T00 HA3D WHY DOESN'T HAVVV L000CKUN?!" They are a disgrace to us real gamers.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#86devotedislamfanPosted 2/8/2013 2:15:12 PM
DemonicDraco posted...
gamefaqs.

---
'God judges a tree by its fruits and not by its roots' Arabic Proverb.
#87ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/8/2013 2:15:46 PM
CoD, followed by WRPG.
#88AsucaHayashiPosted 2/8/2013 2:18:19 PM
only one of those has managed to attract an entire generation of kids and brofistdudes in the same game which is an amazing feat in itself.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#89torch00Posted 2/8/2013 2:22:06 PM
I haven't played a CoD game in several years and it's never been online. I don't see much talk about CoD anywhere unless people are bashing it. Why is the community so bad?
#90jurrian91Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:11 PM
il_capitano posted...
I can't imagine a community worse than the MGO one. Anyone who has played the game knows exactly what i'm talking about, the forum here was like deep jungle.

---
"He said that the MC made dick move." -gohobojoe