This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much have the number of staff on a game project increased from last

#1HerrxPosted 2/8/2013 2:28:06 PM
How much bigger have the development teams gotten from the PS2 era and to the current generation and how much do you think it will increase during the next generation?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/8/2013 2:29:59 PM
Way bigger, but I don't think it will get that much bigger next gen.
#3Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:17 PM
What i'm after is, that how can we develop bigger games and huge AAA titles with 5 times better graphic both ingame and in cutscene than this generation and not have an increase in development staff and production cost. A game like Resident Evil 6 had a development team of 600 people and so did Assassins Creed 3. There is no way that the next generation will have bigger development teams and larger cost, so how can they be better than everything. I actually think that we with the biggest titles this generation have peaked in visual qualities and production value. Sure the visuals will be sharper and at a higher resolution than now, but how can you expect a leap like from PS2 era till now. That would 10 double the current budgets, which with most AAA titles now is at 80-100 millions dollars. How should that be possible?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#4ComfortablySadPosted 2/8/2013 3:16:38 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/take-two-ps4-and-xbox-720-game-development-costs-to-be-similar-to-current-gen-consoles

Gen6 to gen7 development budgets saw a HUGE increase but gen7 to gen8 budgets are expected to stay about the same.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#5Jon_GodPosted 2/8/2013 3:34:41 PM
Final Fantasy X - Over 100 people.

Final Fantasy XIII - Around 240.

Epic Mickey 2 had a team of around 500.

Gitaroo-Man had a team of 8 people I think. Something you can't do anymore, unless it's an indie/downloadable game.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/