This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Tomb Raider HD trilogy (Questions)

#1TaKun782Posted 2/8/2013 2:35:11 PM
Well, im sort of still new to the TR games. I mean ive played one or two of em back in the PS1 days. But now i think its a good time to get this HD collection a try since im highly interested in those three games and id rather not try tracking down all the others just because i just need the essentials TR games and i hope this HD collection can bring me back into the game so to speak.
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2keatonisballinPosted 2/8/2013 2:38:08 PM
O

K
---
Til next season...
http://tinyurl.com/ahlxv7l
#3califortunefadePosted 2/8/2013 2:39:31 PM
You didn't ask a single question.
---
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.
#4TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:40:09 PM
Well, what id like to know is it a good place to start off again?? : /
---
-First started 9-20-2009
#5SHAO-KhanPosted 2/8/2013 2:43:13 PM
TaKun782 posted...

its good , i've played every TR title , its different from the PS1 games with fluid control and good graphics
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#6JoveHackPosted 2/8/2013 2:43:28 PM
TaKun782 posted...

Yes. The platforming's not as good in the new trilogy, but that's almost to be expected. They spent a lot of time making Lara and the levels look good instead.

The music is great in the first two. Tomb Raider: Underworld's a little weak. TRU also has a couple of DLC that are exclusive to the XBox 360 version. Which is a shame because they add some badly needed closure to the story. Watch them on youtube if it comes to that.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#7AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/8/2013 2:44:15 PM
TaKun782 posted...

Get this collection, I thought it was actually pretty amazing, the gameplay has aged well and even the graphics were really, really good. I'm not a graphics whore though so maybe I just played it with low expectations, but it really looks good imo.
#8JoveHackPosted 2/8/2013 2:54:53 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
TaKun782 posted...

Get this collection, I thought it was actually pretty amazing, the gameplay has aged well and even the graphics were really, really good. I'm not a graphics whore though so maybe I just played it with low expectations, but it really looks good imo.

Tomb Raider: Legend is a great looking game. Not just the level design, architecture, and textures, but character design, particularly Lara. Over on Tomb Raider Forums it's considered the best looking game of the Trilogy, even before the HD upgrade.

The music for TRL is even better. More than one person has lingered on the level select screen listening, until the idle attract mode trailer kicked in.

If you have any questions, I still lurk on the Tomb Raider boards here.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#9AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/8/2013 3:05:58 PM
JoveHack posted...
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
TaKun782 posted...

Tomb Raider: Legend is a great looking game. Not just the level design, architecture, and textures, but character design, particularly Lara. Over on Tomb Raider Forums it's considered the best looking game of the Trilogy, even before the HD upgrade.

The music for TRL is even better. More than one person has lingered on the level select screen listening, until the idle attract mode trailer kicked in.

If you have any questions, I still lurk on the Tomb Raider boards here.

Yeah, I was mainly talking about Legend when I said they look amazing. I agree the music is great as well.
#10TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:55:50 PM
How about the story in these TR games? Do they have good stories to tell?
---
-First started 9-20-2009