This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Trading Your Used Games

#11RetsuZaiZenPosted 2/8/2013 4:06:29 PM
Other: The games I would trade aren't worth anything
---
Why do nerdsalways get caught up on the details? http://i.imgur.com/5PixaMd.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif
#12NicodimusPosted 2/8/2013 4:09:38 PM
I would, but I don't know anyone else who owns a PS3.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#13Hucast9Posted 2/8/2013 4:24:01 PM
I used to trade my games for other games with other kids at school back in the days of the NES. These days I buy and keep all my games.
#14Golden MavenPosted 2/8/2013 4:28:13 PM
I did as a kid, got screwed over. Lesson learned, I only trade with the closest of people now.
#15HabefietPosted 2/8/2013 4:37:02 PM
I keep all my games because I still play them all. Not habitually, but... say my old Gameboy Pocket/Color/Advance games. Once every couple years over the course of a week or so in the summer I bust out all of them, every single one that still works, and play a little while to remember them, remember what I liked and hated, which games stood out and which games I honestly barely even remember playing.

Or say... I own a copy of Sonic 2006. Picked it up bargain bin so I could witness the horror. Thought about trading it back in... but why would I, when I could show the horror to others?

Most of my other games, too. I bust them out again, or let friends borrow them, or whatever. Why would I get like $5.00 store credit from Gamestop when I could keep whatever experience forever? I never know what day I'll wake up and be like, "You know what I haven't popped in forever? Excite Truck."

But then, I'm the kind of guy that rereads his favorite books countless times (I make a point of rereading Ender's Game + Speaker for the Dead + usually the other main Ender books as well something like once a year), so it makes sense that it'd apply to gaming. Even though obviously all games can't be "my favorites," games are a little different from books in that I can get a kick out of replaying bits and pieces of mediocre or terrible games to remind myself what good ideas they had and where things failed, or why exactly this game sucked so very hard, etc.
#16huyiPosted 2/8/2013 6:53:55 PM
Habefiet posted...
I keep all my games because I still play them all. Not habitually, but... say my old Gameboy Pocket/Color/Advance games. Once every couple years over the course of a week or so in the summer I bust out all of them, every single one that still works, and play a little while to remember them, remember what I liked and hated, which games stood out and which games I honestly barely even remember playing.

Or say... I own a copy of Sonic 2006. Picked it up bargain bin so I could witness the horror. Thought about trading it back in... but why would I, when I could show the horror to others?

Most of my other games, too. I bust them out again, or let friends borrow them, or whatever. Why would I get like $5.00 store credit from Gamestop when I could keep whatever experience forever? I never know what day I'll wake up and be like, "You know what I haven't popped in forever? Excite Truck."

But then, I'm the kind of guy that rereads his favorite books countless times (I make a point of rereading Ender's Game + Speaker for the Dead + usually the other main Ender books as well something like once a year), so it makes sense that it'd apply to gaming. Even though obviously all games can't be "my favorites," games are a little different from books in that I can get a kick out of replaying bits and pieces of mediocre or terrible games to remind myself what good ideas they had and where things failed, or why exactly this game sucked so very hard, etc.

very well said, this is the reason why i collect games, unfortunately this will soon be a thing of the past 30 years from now we will no longer be able to experience games from the past thanks to the digital age, DLC and other forums of DRM, makes things like this impossible.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1