This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you forgive Capcom if they made DMC5?

#1nekrothingPosted 2/8/2013 2:20:14 PM
If Capcom ditched DmC2 and made DMC5, would you forgive them for DmC?
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/8/2013 2:22:19 PM
Only if Platinum Games develops it.
#3DarkchocolateXPosted 2/8/2013 2:27:50 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Only if Platinum Games develops it.

This. If its from capcom again, i won't even bother trying it out. They ruined the series as soon as it became a series. AKA after the first part everything went bad. Lost atmosphere, enemie design flopped. Hated the new fighting animations in DMC3/4 because it didn't have the feeling of any mass behind attacks *Only Vergil had this in DMC3* and so on.

Metal Gear Rising looks freakin awesome, loved the demo and that was from a very old build. The final build looks smooth as butter.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#4PMCkubrickPosted 2/8/2013 2:28:56 PM
no need to forgive; i haven't done business with them in years.
#5qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/8/2013 2:30:13 PM
No, but if they made DMC5, and then made DmC2, I'd forgive them for DMC5.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#6TheMcKnightMarePosted 2/8/2013 2:31:38 PM
It is the only way to obtain my forgiveness..
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#7boofiePosted 2/8/2013 2:35:49 PM
I think they'd be better off trying their hand at something else.
#8AtrabiliousPosted 2/8/2013 2:36:08 PM
Dunno. Depends who's directing it.

I wouldn't mind Kamiya (creator of DMC1/Platinum) doing it if he lays off the QTE's. I love Bayonetta but the QTE button mashing that pops up in combat and boss situations was kind of annoying. I'm just not fond of it, plus the Press X to not Die moments were just inconvenient nuisances. And while he's not personally working on MGR iirc, Platinum's approach to MGR isn't much different on the QTE front (going off of the demo and trailers, anyway). It would be nice to go back to original Dante, not that over-the-top DMC3/4 Dante doesn't have his charm.

If he can't do that, then I'd prefer we stick with Itsuno (DMC3/4) for a DMC5.

But more to the topic, no, I do not think I would forgive them. It would be a step in the right direction. At the moment my opinion of them is riding on the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen re-release. Hopefully it won't blow.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#9Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 2:36:46 PM
I'd rather them make DmC 2.

or give it t ninja or platinum.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#10Kit_SakurazukaPosted 2/8/2013 3:29:15 PM
If they went back to the old Dante (At least in personality. He could look like a green haired Bruce Willis for all I care, as long as he knows screaming '**** you!!!!' back and forth for two minutes isn't witty or mature.), I would consider it.

If they made Trish a unique playable character (either with her own levels, or as a selectable character), I'd forgive them.

If they could find a way to bring Vergil back into the story in a meaningful way instead of endless teasing to egg on the fan(girls), I'd bake them cookies.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Resonance of Fate second cycle.