This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#1Still__RippinPosted 2/8/2013 2:31:29 PM
Gaming is a hobby. A hobby that costs very little money. As far as l'm concerned it's about damn time devs didn't let people play their games secondhand. Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop. What is so hard about buying a game new? The of course there will be the people who buy used games because they don't agree with some practice of the dev. Yet....you still will play the game??? Very confused here. With all the trash consumers talk about Devs they always just sit there, take it, and give you another fantastic game you will then play and bash them for. Go devs! Forget the wah wah wah babies that can't handle no used games. If you can't afford games you probably shouldn't be playing them in the first place. That is all.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#2ninjatrinityPosted 2/8/2013 2:33:56 PM
What has just been read, cannot be unread.

Prepare yourself.
#3Crimson SkysPosted 2/8/2013 2:33:58 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop.

Not everyone has a lot of money or is willing to wait months for a price drop.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#4DarkchocolateXPosted 2/8/2013 2:34:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5NightwishPosted 2/8/2013 2:38:00 PM
What makes games so special that they shouldn't be resold? Movies and music have been dealing with resales far longer and they're fine. Should it be illegal to resell cars? What about when those games are no longer produced and can't be bought new anymore?
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#6Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:38:16 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop.

Not everyone has a lot of money or is willing to wait months for a price drop.

So.... you don't want to wait for a price drop, then why not buynew? It's only$5 more? Also, the "not everyone has money" excuse is really annoying. Why did the buy a $400 console then?
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#7Excuse_MePosted 2/8/2013 2:38:50 PM
People like you are whats wrong with gaming.
#8boofiePosted 2/8/2013 2:39:46 PM
I'm more inclined to buy a new game, because if I don't like it I know I can always sell it. Take this away and I'm going to be much more skeptical about what games I buy. I'll end up spending less money on games.
#9ninjatrinityPosted 2/8/2013 2:40:15 PM
Excuse_Me posted...
People like you are whats wrong with gaming.

People like you are what's not wrong with gaming.
#10DoctorCrabMDPosted 2/8/2013 2:40:27 PM
I really wish people would stop with all the condescending remarks about people not being able to afford new games. There's like a $5 difference usually with used games.

The majority of the complaints regarding banning used games concerns games that become extremely rare and thus nearly impossible to buy new. For example, a lot of JRPGs become really rare.

Look at Xenoblade. You can't get it new anywhere basically. Nintendo isn't selling it on their website anymore and Gamestop rarely, if ever, has a new copy (rarely even has used copies). So if used games are banned how exactly would people get games like this?