This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#11Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:40:37 PM
Nightwish posted...
What makes games so special that they shouldn't be resold? Movies and music have been dealing with resales far longer and they're fine. Should it be illegal to resell cars? What about when those games are no longer produced and can't be bought new anymore?

Lol, come on now buddy. This is 2013, games that are going to be made years from now aren't going to go out of print. Also, l never said l am against used games or used sales of anything. l just said l am excited about the possible banning of used games. l mean, to be fair though, l'd never buy a used anything.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#12Pereb27Posted 2/8/2013 3:41:02 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
So.... you don't want to wait for a price drop, then why not buynew? It's only$5 more? Also, the "not everyone has money" excuse is really annoying. Why did the buy a $400 console then?

Smart people buy used games at much cheaper places than GameStop.
#13tmons78Posted 2/8/2013 3:42:01 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
As far as l'm concerned it's about damn time devs didn't let people play their games secondhand.

Until they can guarantee that I can buy a new copy WHENEVER I want, say even 5 years after the fact, then no, they should not prevent people from playing games secondhand.
#14Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:42:41 PM
Excuse_Me posted...
People like you are whats wrong with gaming.

lt must be true with all that evidence you posted to support your claim....oh wait
---
#15qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/8/2013 3:44:05 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop.

Not everyone has a lot of money or is willing to wait months for a price drop.

So.... you don't want to wait for a price drop, then why not buynew? It's only$5 more? Also, the "not everyone has money" excuse is really annoying. Why did the buy a $400 console then?

Well for someone who is still in high school and has to buy all his own games and clothes makes like $30 a week because he can't work on weekdays it's a lot. So pretty much all of the games I buy are like $30 or less, I only buy new games if they are from a series that I liked, such as DmC, Hitman (I actually was going to buy the new cod but got this instead. What a disappointment.), and possibly MGR, but probably not because I just bought two others recently.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#16NightwishPosted 2/8/2013 3:44:34 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...
What makes games so special that they shouldn't be resold? Movies and music have been dealing with resales far longer and they're fine. Should it be illegal to resell cars? What about when those games are no longer produced and can't be bought new anymore?

Lol, come on now buddy. This is 2013, games that are going to be made years from now aren't going to go out of print. Also, l never said l am against used games or used sales of anything. l just said l am excited about the possible banning of used games. l mean, to be fair though, l'd never buy a used anything.

Really? You think games just get produced perpetually until the end of time? Do you honestly think a game like ff12 is being made new right now?
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#17Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:47:07 PM
Nightwish posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...

Really? You think games just get produced perpetually until the end of time? Do you honestly think a game like ff12 is being made new right now?

l really wish people would comprehend what l said before replying to it. l said in the FUTURE! What the hell are people doing bringing up games that are out now.... That is irrelevant, you can play all those games used. Obviously if they did this DD would become more popular and l doubt they would just run out of copies for a game... Especially if you know, it's selling so well there are no copies. Use your brains people.
---
#18NightwishPosted 2/8/2013 3:50:02 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...

l really wish people would comprehend what l said before replying to it. l said in the FUTURE! What the hell are people doing bringing up games that are out now.... That is irrelevant, you can play all those games used. Obviously if they did this DD would become more popular and l doubt they would just run out of copies for a game... Especially if you know, it's selling so well there are no copies. Use your brains people.

Still didn't answer the original question, why are game developers due better treatment than movie producers? There's no talk of banning used blu ray sales
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#19qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/8/2013 3:50:08 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...

Alright, but in the future, do you really think things will just get produced perpetually until the end of time?

I really wish people would just use common sense
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#20GradyHooverPosted 2/8/2013 3:50:42 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Gaming is a hobby. A hobby that costs very little money. As far as l'm concerned it's about damn time devs didn't let people play their games secondhand. Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop. What is so hard about buying a game new? The of course there will be the people who buy used games because they don't agree with some practice of the dev. Yet....you still will play the game??? Very confused here. With all the trash consumers talk about Devs they always just sit there, take it, and give you another fantastic game you will then play and bash them for. Go devs! Forget the wah wah wah babies that can't handle no used games. If you can't afford games you probably shouldn't be playing them in the first place. That is all.

1) You have more money than many people in this topic.

2) Consider those who got consoles as gifts or saved up a long time to get one, and can only afford so many games at a time.

3) The "it's five dollars" more excuse is, more often than not, utterly false. It's usually a difference of 15-20 except for the very newest titles.

4) So you LIKE the idea that, when you buy a copy of the game, you don't actually own that copy at all? Ok then.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games