This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#371jackyrulezPosted 2/8/2013 11:24:46 PM
I just read the OP's topic and I had to say something as much as you think its a good Idea think of the jobs gamestop and other used game shops have if no used game there's no jobs and that's not ok! I will say this I buy used games and I like it now what about those gamers like my self who rent games from blockbuster or gamefly if they ban used games that means gamefly would lose a lot of money and me trying out a game before i buy them goes out the door.... I don't think the big companies MS and Sony would ever do that they would lose a lot of money and their consoles would not get bought. That's my 2 cents. I am 100% not with you!!
---
PSN: jackygates
#372Dartpaw86Posted 2/8/2013 11:25:02 PM
KDogg1800 posted...
Another thing...if I can something cheaper used than new you bet your ass I'll buy it used. If you want to beat your chest because you paid 60 bucks for a game that I paid 30-35 for go right ahead. I'll be saving the other half for future game purchases. I'll spend my money intelligently.

Buying the game thing for less money if you have the option is just common sense.
#373Juvart24Posted 2/8/2013 11:29:47 PM(edited)
Lets just make it so its illegal to sell anything used, since its not fair to the developer .Used cars - illegal Used Books - illegal Used appliances - illegal Used jewelry - illegal Used Clothing - illegal (I'm sorry Salvation army you need to close getting things used is a very bad thing now.) If people can't see how banning the selling of used anything is stupid I really don't know what I can say about you besides please don't reproduce.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#374Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:26:49 PM
KDogg1800 posted...
Another thing...if I can something cheaper used than new you bet your ass I'll buy it used. If you want to beat your chest because you paid 60 bucks for a game that I paid 30-35 for go right ahead. I'll be saving the other half for future game purchases. I'll spend my money intelligently.

People like you not being able to game is just pure bonus to no used games. If anything, you should be down on your feet praising people like me for giving up enough money for the scavengers like you to be able to afford your habit.

Sorry that me spending money on a new product is not "intelligent" in your book. Honestly though, l can't even imagine touching a used product of any sort. Who knows where it's been.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#375Shishio07Posted 2/8/2013 11:27:40 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Gaming is a hobby. A hobby that costs very little money. As far as l'm concerned it's about damn time devs didn't let people play their games secondhand. Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop. What is so hard about buying a game new? The of course there will be the people who buy used games because they don't agree with some practice of the dev. Yet....you still will play the game??? Very confused here. With all the trash consumers talk about Devs they always just sit there, take it, and give you another fantastic game you will then play and bash them for. Go devs! Forget the wah wah wah babies that can't handle no used games. If you can't afford games you probably shouldn't be playing them in the first place. That is all.

Costs very little money? You call $60 for a brand new game very little money?

Oh and you're forgetting the fact that they don't print games forever, if they no longer sell them in stores, used is your only option to purchase them, banning used games would be them giving you the finger if you wanted to buy a game that's 5+ years old.

If you're 100% behind banning used games, then you're a 100% ignorant tool.

Movie ticket- $13(on the low end) 90 minutes

Videogame- $60 10 hours at the very least. RPG-80+ Hmmm, less than a dollar for an hour of entertainment is very very cheap. And like l said, l am not talking about games NOW, l'm talking about next gen games. Which, if they did ban used games it would only make sense they would make them accessible. Does that not compute?

Except it's more like Video game- $60, 1 hour at the most because it sucks and you didn't pick it up used and payed like $10 so now you're up the creek for 6 times that. RPG maybe more than an hour because a good RPG hasn't been made since 2001, so I give it about an hour and half before the complete lack of storyline and character development just bore the hell out of you.
#376KDogg1800Posted 2/8/2013 11:28:57 PM
KDogg1800 posted...

People like you not being able to game is just pure bonus to no used games. If anything, you should be down on your feet praising people like me for giving up enough money for the scavengers like you to be able to afford your habit.

Sorry that me spending money on a new product is not "intelligent" in your book. Honestly though, l can't even imagine touching a used product of any sort. Who knows where it's been.

I'll continue to do so sir! Thanks for saving me 30 bucks LMAO.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#377djprofessork1Posted 2/8/2013 11:29:23 PM
I hope you're trolling.... if you're serious... please don't reproduce
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#378ItsTheSasquatchPosted 2/8/2013 11:29:40 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Sure it wasn't piracy that did it?

May have been the result of spending too much on too many games that just weren't good, but I'd guess that incompetent/greedy management was involved as well; that's a pretty common cause of death for companies in every industry. Blaming piracy for lost profits assumes the pirates would have otherwise paid for the product, and this is extremely unlikely--even more so when the product isn't any good.
---
*disappears into forest*
#379Kai101xPosted 2/8/2013 11:30:00 PM
Damn this topic was at 4 pages when I last looked at it. I didn't think people would take the topic creator's joke of a post this far. This is quality.
#380Juvart24Posted 2/8/2013 11:32:00 PM
Kai101x posted...
Damn this topic was at 4 pages when I last looked at it. I didn't think people would take the topic creator's joke of a post this far. This is quality.

Doesn't matter if this is a joke or a troll people really believe this asinine crap.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24