This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#411LordcrabfoodPosted 2/9/2013 12:36:28 AM
banning used games will cause the industry to crash banning used will not happen
#412gamestop27Posted 2/9/2013 12:37:00 AM
"Plus the world would be a better place if GameStop went out of business anyway."

That can be said for any corporation.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#413zorlaczeroheroPosted 2/9/2013 12:38:43 AM
Simply put, if I own something, I have the right to not own it anymore. So I sell it. Would you buy a car or a House without the option of selling it on?

Inability to trade an item implies lack of ownership. If I don't own an item why did I have to pay for it in the first place.

Bottom line, ban used games and people will just pirate. And so they should. Vote with your wallet.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#414kingalen0130Posted 2/9/2013 12:39:25 AM
I can't believe this topic even exists. Perhaps this is some sort of coping mechanism for a Sony fan, or perhaps it's damage control. Used games are very important for several reasons and completely getting rid of them would be absolutely terrible.
#415theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 12:43:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#416PBCTPosted 2/9/2013 12:50:51 AM
I'm 100% behind banning used games. Why? idk, for the experiment of fail? idk don't jump the gun gaming industry idk go ahead if that's what you gaiz need to be better. idk
#417_tanjil_Posted 2/9/2013 12:52:40 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
If you can't afford games you probably shouldn't be playing them in the first place.

You go straight to hell right now.

No, really. F**k you you elitist jackass. Get off my Internet and my planet.

You shouldn't be offended by it. I'm lower middle class in income. And I agree with that statement. It's not being an elitist, it's being responsible. Maybe his wording could have been better. But if you're struggling to pay rent, have basic necessities, pay tuition, medical fees, raise a family, etc.

Then either be patient and wait for price drops, no rush most games aren't going anywhere in a couple of years. Or just find a cheaper hobby.

Do people cry about the price of designers clothes if they can't afford it? No the buy regular clothes. And if they're struggling and still buy Dolce & Gabbana or whatever (its the only name that comes to mind...BRUNO) then like its been said that maybe you shouldn't game in the first place...maybe you shouldn't buy clothes that cost rent

This ones a joke but can be taken as serious, apply as a videogame QA tester, if your lucky, you'll test a franchise you love to the point that you hate it xD.
#418Jx1010Posted 2/9/2013 12:52:45 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
If you can't afford games you probably shouldn't be playing them in the first place.

You go straight to hell right now.

No, really. F**k you you elitist jackass. Get off my Internet and my planet.

lol
#419NewavePosted 2/9/2013 12:52:50 AM
What Excuse_Me said.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#420theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 12:56:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]