This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#421DCarnagePosted 2/9/2013 1:04:35 AM
There comes a point where they stop pressing games and getting a new copy of it is very difficult or... impossible. What then? I can never play the game because I can't find it new? I think if a game is resold through, lets say GameStop. Then GameStop should be required to send a certain percentage of the profit to the developers of the game.
#422sakurafan56Posted 2/9/2013 1:05:41 AM
man i remember when gaming first came out it was about having fun and enjoying it yourself and with other people when i was a kid my mom played tomb raider and the whole family sat around the tv watching and helping and having fun and getting scared when the t-rex popped out of no where and watching my brothers play ff7 and street fighter but then gaming progressed and my family argued over video games and then online came and people instead of being a community start bashing each other i just think comments like that are pointless to say and so what if you buy used games i do it all the time for rpgs. Being a gamer doesn't mean how much money you spend on 1 game it is how much you love gaming no matter what and i just wish gaming can go back to the way it was or the people at that time.

I still stand by what i said
#423oxnerdPosted 2/9/2013 1:06:20 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Nightwish posted...
What makes games so special that they shouldn't be resold? Movies and music have been dealing with resales far longer and they're fine. Should it be illegal to resell cars? What about when those games are no longer produced and can't be bought new anymore?

Lol, come on now buddy. This is 2013, games that are going to be made years from now aren't going to go out of print. Also, l never said l am against used games or used sales of anything. l just said l am excited about the possible banning of used games. l mean, to be fair though, l'd never buy a used anything.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL "I'm not against something but I'm totally 100% for banning it." No difference.
#424omegaGogetaPosted 2/9/2013 1:06:39 AM
If you a ho and you have a pimp you are used and don't see none of your own money unless the pimp says so. Do they complain? No because they know they'll get backhanded if they do.

These game developers need to think about the backhand of what they're doing. Bringing the market to being an all-new market reduces the chances that people with hardly any disposable income will buy new games themselves thereby decreasing the market for gaming and thus ensuring the downfall of gaming itself. Developers make plenty of money off of new sales anyways so they really have no reason to complain other than they can't put out games as fast as they'd like. Most game dev companies easily make a profit off of day 1 sales. Sad to say but pre-owned games are really a supporting structure of gaming. I buy both new and used so it's not a bias. The whole concept will have both up-votes and down-votes. Quite possibly more down than up due to the sheer number of people that buy some or all of their games used. And what if they are console-locked and someone steals your system but not your games or the other way around(it could happen)? You're not gonna wanna shell out all that money a second time around. Especially not if you have insurance that has a limit on what you can get after such an incident. Especially not if you didn't even care for anything you bought out of the list. Sales will go down. It's a given.
---
PS3-omegaGogeta;Xbox360-TheOriginalJRod
#425riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 1:11:43 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
l said that if they banned used games they would make the new games accessible. Most likely by continuing to make copies or having them available digitally.

Oh so you think they'll just continue to make copies for 5+ years long after people stop buying them? Not very good logic their sport, know why? Because they're not going to do that.

Printing games costs money, if the games aren't selling, they won't print, after that the only option is to buy used.

And not every game is available digitally, doesn't matter whether it's this gen or not.

That and banning used games would be taking away someones legal rights to sell something of theirs, which they would get sued over.

You're a tool, now shut up.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#426GreatTroySenseiPosted 2/9/2013 1:17:44 AM
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Seriously, it's only $60. Or hell, as low as $20 if you wait for a price drop.

Not everyone has a lot of money or is willing to wait months for a price drop.

So.... you don't want to wait for a price drop, then why not buynew? It's only$5 more? Also, the "not everyone has money" excuse is really annoying. Why did the buy a $400 console then?

Well for someone who is still in high school and has to buy all his own games and clothes makes like $30 a week because he can't work on weekdays it's a lot. So pretty much all of the games I buy are like $30 or less, I only buy new games if they are from a series that I liked, such as DmC, Hitman (I actually was going to buy the new cod but got this instead. What a disappointment.), and possibly MGR, but probably not because I just bought two others recently.

Nothing prevents high school or college students from working on school nights except for laziness. Tired of hearing that line from generation lay- z.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#427Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:17:59 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
l said that if they banned used games they would make the new games accessible. Most likely by continuing to make copies or having them available digitally.

Oh so you think they'll just continue to make copies for 5+ years long after people stop buying them? Not very good logic their sport, know why? Because they're not going to do that.

Printing games costs money, if the games aren't selling, they won't print, after that the only option is to buy used.

And not every game is available digitally, doesn't matter whether it's this gen or not.

That and banning used games would be taking away someones legal rights to sell something of theirs, which they would get sued over.

Actually, even when you buy a game on disk you are really only purchasing the licsense to play it. You don't own the game, the dev/pub does.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#428_tanjil_Posted 2/9/2013 1:18:51 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
If i'm struggling to pay for things, I buy used games because they're cheaper. I don;t have to stop gaming because buying used lets me afford games.

That's what astounds me about this argument: no one seems to understand that being poor makes used games the optimal solution. Banning used games is saying that only people above a certain level of income deserve video games. It's insulting.

Oh I don't disagree with that statement. I just found it funny how offended the other guy was for being told not to game if it's not affordable. I'd be an idiot not to see it.

I sell my games to buy newer ones cheaper as well. But these days with online passes being on most games and certain companies giving good pre-order incentives. I feel it's getting harder to buy used games.

My argument was under the premise that if used games are banned. Isn't that the point of this topic?

Again I'm pro used games.
#429theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 1:19:37 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...

Actually, even when you buy a game on disk you are really only purchasing the licsense to play it. You don't own the game, the dev/pub does.

At least I can share the game with my friends and play it on other consoles than my own.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#430RyuuHou25Posted 2/9/2013 1:24:39 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...

Yeah, any type of software has that in their fine print, which has always gone against some form of consumer law and why it is almost NEVER enforced except against businesses using software and certain PC programs.

Mainly because you CAN'T read it before buying it (which also automatically, by the terms of the fine print, means you agree to it)
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB