This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

l am 100% behind banning used games

#491mikel86Posted 2/9/2013 4:08:25 AM
It sounds almost like you feel that a copy of a game should be limited so that it can only be used on one individual console. If that were the case and your console stopped working, it doesn’t seem right to have to get another copy of any game that you feel is worth playing because you had to replace your console. If that were the case any games that you had, maybe a few hundred dollars worth, would be useless because of that type of limitation.
#492rwfan2cPosted 2/9/2013 4:11:18 AM(edited)
And for the record, If you say you support Used game bans and 100% DD then you are basicly saying, "I support the death of Consoles."

Because thats what will happen. Why would anyone pay 600 dollars for a tiny computer that cant do everything a PC can do, but you can play games on it... however you can't buy used games, you cant borrow games, and you have to Download them.

I can Build my own PC tomorrow for less the 1000 bucks and it will play anything out right now at max settings, and will play games for 5 years in the future (not on max settings but still, nothing a couple bucks for upgrades wont fix every few years.) Oh and its still a PC. and not a dumbed down PC like your DD/used game ban console will be.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#493killakPosted 2/9/2013 4:10:13 AM
The reason I'm against blocking used games has nothing to do with money, but the fact that it will kill the collecting side of the hobby. I have copies of rare out of print games and pieces of gaming history... but if a console blocks used games then all we'll be left with are activation codes. I know that's how it's been on PC for a long time, and I'm a Steam user with hundreds of Steam games, but consoles have had their place with owning a game collection.

Why would you worry about missing out on collecting games for a newly released console?

it's.......new.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#494riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 4:11:08 AM
killak posted...
Do you think waning sales could be a reason for "mediocre games"?

That's a pretty simple answer.

They're not, nobody is responsible for mediocre games but the people who made it, not the people who bought/didn't buy it, sales=/=quality.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#495killakPosted 2/9/2013 4:11:51 AM
And for the record, If you say you support Used game bans and 100% DD then you are basicly saying, "I support the death of Consoles."

Actually it's more like supporting the idea of never again seeing the words "wah, it has DLC, i'm buying it used (despite that being a clear indicator that this particular developer has made a game that I actually want, and by definition I should be supporting it)"

I got no dramas with that.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#496killakPosted 2/9/2013 4:12:48 AM

They're not, nobody is responsible for mediocre games but the people who made it, not the people who bought/didn't buy it, sales=/=quality.

low budget + meeting expectations and visual fidelity = low quality
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#497killakPosted 2/9/2013 4:13:52 AM
Because thats what will happen. Why would anyone pay 600 dollars for a tiny computer that cant do everything a PC can do, but you can play games on it... however you can't buy used games, you cant borrow games, and you have to Download them.

Anyone else think of an iPad at this point?

Do they sell poorly? Fill me in.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#498riddlebox89Posted 2/9/2013 4:14:56 AM
killak posted...

low budget + meeting expectations and visual fidelity = low quality

Low budget titles can be high quality too you know.

Doesn't matter what you've got to say kid, if you support banning of used games, you're nothing but a tool.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#499RikashiPosted 2/9/2013 4:15:12 AM
Posting in a 500 troll topic.

GG, TC.
---
Wait a moment... pencil processors offline!?
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#500SDFan18Posted 2/9/2013 4:15:16 AM
Well played, sir.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86