This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: Buying used hurts gaming studios more then stealing via pirating!

#1Garfield64Posted 2/8/2013 6:17:18 PM
What do you think? - Results (272 votes)
Pirating is worse.
74.63% (203 votes)
Buying used is worse.
25.37% (69 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Pirates are scum ridden cheap skates that don't buy crap anyway.

People who buy used are much worse. They take money that should be going to the people who make games and instead give it to greedy companies that don't give a crap about gamers.

Our hobby is dying thanks to Apple. They need every penny to survive. Do the industry a favor.

Boycott used games. Only buy used from creators you do not want to support such as Capcom. Or when the only option is used.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2nekrothingPosted 2/8/2013 6:20:52 PM
All of this talk about protecting the developers and corporations from pirating and used game sales is all well and good, but who protects the consumer? Are these developers and corporations looking out for your best interest, or theirs?

Until they stop over-pricing games, until they stop selling us half a game for $60 and then selling us the other half through over-priced DLC, I'll continue to buy used or I won't buy at all. These greedy developers and corporations want us to feel sorry for them, they want us to feel sorry that they can't completely rip us off.
#3qwertomanPosted 2/8/2013 6:22:22 PM(edited)
I'm willing to pay more for a new game if I have the possibility to sell it afterwards so game publishers do get more money from me because of that.
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza
#4este914Posted 2/8/2013 6:23:10 PM
Interesting poll/options here.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#5WiiFan77Posted 2/8/2013 6:31:53 PM
I think buying used games is slightly worse.

Pirating: The dev doesn't get money for the game. An individual gets the game for free. Most pirates aren't open about it, and its illegal, so pirating isn't promoted.

Buying used: The dev doesn't get money for the game. A retail store does instead, and offers trade-in credit for the game, thus promoting further selling of used games. Used games also cost less, so even people who are willing to spend money on games are likely to do it.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6PoifectionPosted 2/8/2013 6:35:04 PM
nekrothing posted...
All of this talk about protecting the developers and corporations from pirating and used game sales is all well and good, but who protects the consumer? Are these developers and corporations looking out for your best interest, or theirs?

Until they stop over-pricing games, until they stop selling us half a game for $60 and then selling us the other half through over-priced DLC, I'll continue to buy used or I won't buy at all. These greedy developers and corporations want us to feel sorry for them, they want us to feel sorry that they can't completely rip us off.

DLC is a direct result of the proliferation of used game sales. The publisher needed a way to make money off of people who buy their products used, and they found it. No one to blame for it but yourselves gents.
---
"How the Christ do you expect to reverse-Atlantis an entire city? You're just the Dragonborn, not the Daedric Prince of Civil Engineering." DocWily
#7jammiesPosted 2/8/2013 6:36:43 PM
Buying used bolsters the economy, including savings that people put toward an occasional new game purchase.
Pirating bolsters insomnia and ass-hat personalities.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#8nekrothingPosted 2/8/2013 6:36:53 PM
Poifection posted...
nekrothing posted...

DLC is a direct result of the proliferation of used game sales. The publisher needed a way to make money off of people who buy their products used, and they found it. No one to blame for it but yourselves gents.

So they're looking after themselves and not the consumer, right? Why should we feel sorry for these developers and corporations when we're only trying to do what's best for us? Why should we, the consumers, have to sacrifice for them?
#9Golden MavenPosted 2/8/2013 6:38:21 PM
nekrothing posted...
who protects the consumer?

The free market does. Don't like it, don't buy it. The market will adjust itself. This isn't some essential commodity, we can easily make a statement by keeping our wallets closed.
#10Still__RippinPosted 2/8/2013 6:38:59 PM
nekrothing posted...
Poifection posted...
nekrothing posted...

So they're looking after themselves and not the consumer, right? Why should we feel sorry for these developers and corporations when we're only trying to do what's best for us? Why should we, the consumers, have to sacrifice for them?

Lol, they are the company. They put in the hard work to be able to bring you what you love, and you should have to pay for it. If not, you shouldn't be able to play, plain and simple.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee