This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: Buying used hurts gaming studios more then stealing via pirating!

#61MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 2/9/2013 8:14:38 AM
Garfield64 posted...
People who buy used are much worse. They take money that should be going to the people who make games and instead give it to greedy companies that don't give a crap about gamers.

Yeah, instead of giving your money to greedy companies that don't give a crap about gamers, you should give it to other greedy companies that don't give a crap about gamers.
#62jonnyram4000Posted 2/9/2013 8:24:30 AM
Love how people claim pirating is worse i see more people buying games used then pirating same thing stand here used no money goes to devs pirate no money goes to devs see no different at all.
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#63RyuuHou25Posted 2/9/2013 8:28:16 AM
jonnyram4000 posted...
Love how people claim pirating is worse i see more people buying games used then pirating same thing stand here used no money goes to devs pirate no money goes to devs see no different at all.

Devs typically do not get paid much for all new copies sold, most of that goes to the publisher....you know, the people who put the money up to pay for the development of the game in the first place.

Besides, with that logic, you're no better by watching anything on TV. You're paying the cable company, not the people who made the movie, not the publisher of the movie. You know who does that? The companies that pay the cable company for those commercials you're forced to watch.

Bad TV watcher!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#64PhewfusPosted 2/9/2013 9:11:10 AM
Pirates are the reason all of those stupid unskippable federal warnings and commercials started appearing on DVDs and Blu Rays, punishing law abiding consumers who actually bought the official releases.

Thank goodness those haven't reached the gaming industry yet. All games have are Epilepsy warnings, which is fine.
#65VIIVincentPosted 2/9/2013 9:16:50 AM
pirating is worse.

it doesnt benefit any of the company or promoting sales of games. buying used games gets advertised to other people. when other people see it and play it, they are more likely to give a chance to that company the next time. a maybe is much better than a never.

pirating is in no way good. it just doesnt promote a game since the pirater would most likely keep to themselves. and what? maybe and MAYBE a very very small percentage of piraters would share. that small percentage still hurts game companies harder than a used game.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#66SoaringDivePosted 2/9/2013 9:35:05 AM
"Everybody with friends is evil," TC.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#67KDogg1800Posted 2/9/2013 10:52:15 AM
I get a kick out of this. I really do. It really cracks me up when these morons tell others how to spend THEIR money. Since when was trying to get a deal (used or new) wrong? LMAO! Some of these folks are delusional as ****.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#68okamhunitePosted 2/9/2013 10:56:53 AM
F*** You!
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#69stawg007Posted 2/9/2013 11:01:43 AM
64 people are either ignorant or mentally challenged
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#70Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/9/2013 11:04:04 AM
Used games at least supports retailers, which devs are going to continue to need. Pirating supports nobody but yourself.