This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you prefer an add-on, like the Sega-CD, instead of another console?

#1nekrothingPosted 2/8/2013 7:07:13 PM
Which would you prefer? - Results (22 votes)
Device for $100.
36.36% (8 votes)
New console for $450.
63.64% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's say Sony created a Sega-CD type device that you could add to your PS3 to increase its specs, which would in turn allow the PS3 to have more memory/processing power. With this device, games could now be made to run at either 720p60 or 1080p30. The device itself would only cost $100. Would you get it, as opposed to a new console for $450?
#2Stanger5150Posted 2/8/2013 7:14:54 PM
This is a good question, and one I never considered. Yes, I would prefer that as long as the games are better than Sewer Shark and Night Trap.

It would be a great space saver as well.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#3nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:26:31 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
This is a good question, and one I never considered. Yes, I would prefer that as long as the games are better than Sewer Shark and Night Trap.

It would be a great space saver as well.

I agree, I think an add-on would be perfect. The way I see it, we don't really need a new console for a few more years if the current ones could at least do 720p60/1080p30. $100 for a significant increase in specs seems like a fair compromise, considering PC upgrades cost a lot more than that.
#4jenekiPosted 2/8/2013 8:03:58 PM
Turbografx / PC Engine was the master of this.

The CD addon had a ton of games released for it. The Super System Card, an extra-ram addon for the CD attachment, had even more games released for it than original cd games. And being region-free, you could pick up any cd game you wanted and it played fine.

So basically, the addon for the addon had this massive library ... no idea how they pulled that off.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#5NicodimusPosted 2/8/2013 8:55:32 PM
Only if it came with a grainy motion video game of Sherlock Holmes.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford