This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a real problem or am I imagining it? (PS3 not "pulling in" discs)

#1rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/8/2013 8:16:10 PM
Not even sure this is an actual issue or if it's just some quirk of the discs I'm using or even the way I'm putting them in, but I noticed lately that the PS3 has some difficulty "gripping" the discs and pulling them in...the disc kind of spins in place (slowly, like it does as it's being pulled in), but needs an extra push before the PS3 can actually "grab" it. Once it's in, it works fine, and it ejects fine.

I looked online, and can't find an instance of this being an actual problem.

I tried maybe a dozen discs (all blu-ray), half games and half TV shows, and the PS3 had no problem with the games but it struggled with the TV show discs. But then it had no problem with a couple older movie blu rays.

I also found that if I insert the disc as far to the right as possible, it works fine, but this had me scratching my head because I've never paid attention to this before so I've never deliberately "aimed" to the right, and it wouldn't explain the game/tv-show disparity which could just be a coincidence.

Before I sit down and try another couple dozen discs, has anyone seen this before?
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#2Golden MavenPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:55 PM
It happens to me if I don't push the disc in far enough... Not sure what else to tell you without a visual, though.
#3ozranPosted 2/8/2013 8:20:28 PM
It has happened to me once or twice. you just didn't put the disc in far enough for it to be gripped
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#4Ke7hplPosted 2/8/2013 8:22:41 PM
ozran posted...
It has happened to me once or twice. you just didn't put the disc in far enough for it to be gripped

thats what she said.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#5rockyoumonkeys(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:23:10 PM
If that's all it is, it's kind of odd that it's suddenly now a thing. I've had a PS3 for at least a fear years now, and have used it a ton. Never noticed this happening before.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton