This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Megaton rumor: LittleBigPlanet 3 In Production At Sumo Digital

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 2/8/2013 8:21:29 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/rumour-littlebigplanet-3-in-production-at-sumo-digital

Has been in development for over a year, will release early in the PS4's life-cycle. Media Molecule is already making a new IP, Sumo Digital has been entrusted with the next gen LittleBigPlanet

Sony is building a f***ing army of exclusives
---
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2pixel378Posted 2/8/2013 8:25:40 PM
Hell yeah. And the ready at dawn studio that made GOW on psp is also making a ps3 exclusive.

Sumo digital is a pretty good studio right? I liked Sonic racing it was very polished and sharp. Sumo should have made LBP karting >:( Hopefully they don't screw up lbp3 though, and show some innovation.

I can't help but wonder what MM is working on. No doubt will be a new Playstation icon.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#3SophisticationPosted 2/8/2013 8:27:23 PM
A series that went from 6 million sold to 2 million sold to now, with karting, not even 150, 000 sold. This series is dead and nobody cares about it. To label lbp as a megaton is laughable.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#4--crashbfanPosted 2/8/2013 8:30:43 PM
Sophistication posted...
A series that went from 6 million sold to 2 million sold to now, with karting, not even 150, 000 sold. This series is dead and nobody cares about it. To label lbp as a megaton is laughable.

5 million to close 3 million*
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#5bossk5Posted 2/8/2013 8:31:22 PM
Shouldn't you be pm trolling people childishly TC?

Seriously.....get help.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#6pixel378Posted 2/8/2013 8:35:18 PM
Sophistication posted...

You clearly don't understand the franchise. Its a game about community and the sequel sold great but had a bunch of people stick with the first game because of the nature of the community. Karting was a unhyped disaster that was made by somebody that isn't MM. LBP is a very respected franchise that paved the way for innovation this generation.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#7SophisticationPosted 2/8/2013 8:35:32 PM
--crashbfan posted...
Sophistication posted...

5 million to close 3 million*

Even worse...
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#8SophisticationPosted 2/8/2013 8:44:15 PM(edited)
pixel378 posted...
Sophistication posted...

You clearly don't understand the franchise. Its a game about community and the sequel sold great but had a bunch of people stick with the first game because of the nature of the community. Karting was a unhyped disaster that was made by somebody that isn't MM. LBP is a very respected franchise that paved the way for innovation this generation.

Ok, lemme try and make sense of your B.S. post there...

1. LBP 2 sold less than LBP because users felt LBP was better... Is that what you're saying to me?

2. LBPK was made by someone else and thus it hasn't broke 200,000 in sales to date -- Not even at 10 bucks.

3. LBP 3 is going to be awesome... Why? You already established that MM not making LBPK is what killed its success... So why, again, am I to believe LBP 3 will return to the greatness that was, I guess, LBP 1?

How about... It isn't going to. How about... You don't know what you're talking about. LBP, the franchise, has been on a decline since the initial release of the first one... The numbers do not lie.
---
#9UniversquallPosted 2/8/2013 8:42:53 PM
TC. You spend too much time trying to upset the MDF. But with this topic. LBP is big. But it's not a megaton.
---
After the Fallout
#10PhaseBlackPosted 2/8/2013 8:50:34 PM
At first I thought "Why Sumo Digital?", and then I looked it up and they were the ones who did the LBP2 Cross-Controller DLC. If this is true..... HELL YEAH! The levels in the DLC are some of the best LBP levels ever, they're perfect for making LBP3
---
PSVita & 3DS