This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Megaton rumor: LittleBigPlanet 3 In Production At Sumo Digital

#21JahkeemyorkPosted 2/8/2013 10:40:18 PM
pixel378 posted...
Sophistication posted...
pixel378 posted...
Sophistication posted...
A series that went from 6 million sold to 2 million sold to now, with karting, not even 150, 000 sold. This series is dead and nobody cares about it. To label lbp as a megaton is laughable.

You clearly don't understand the franchise. Its a game about community and the sequel sold great but had a bunch of people stick with the first game because of the nature of the community. Karting was a unhyped disaster that was made by somebody that isn't MM. LBP is a very respected franchise that paved the way for innovation this generation.

Ok, lemme try and make sense of your B.S. post there...

1. LBP 2 sold less than LBP because users felt LBP was better... Is that what you're saying to me?

2. LBPK was made by someone else and thus it hasn't broke 200,000 in sales to date -- Not even at 10 bucks.

3. LBP 3 is going to be awesome... Why? You already established that MM not making LBPK is what killed its success... So why, again, am I to believe LBP 3 will return to the greatness that was, I guess, LBP 1?

How about... It isn't going to. How about... You don't know what you're talking about. LBP, the franchise, has been on a decline since the initial release of the first one... The numbers do not lie.

No, LBP is a franchise i've really followed for a long time. I know the LBP community. They were really unsure about the new game and felt there was no need for a sequel in the first place and that it would divide the community that the game thrives on. And it did. A lot of people were content just staying with LBP1.

LBPK is a total disaster that I will not even buy so I won't argue against that except that it doesn't represent the main franchise nor affect the franchise going forward.

And I did not say LBP3 would be awesome, just that LBP in general is a great franchise that invented a genre pretty much. Nobody knows how 3 will turn out and I am unsure and possibly unwilling to buy it myself because I don't have the commitment to create levels anymore being in college and doing other things now, but there are plenty of people out there who will.

Lbp is not a franchise that will roll over and die.

How in gods name would a Sequel that accepts all custom levels and considering how much better lp2 is compared to lbp1 I don't believe it
#22Jon_GodPosted 2/8/2013 11:40:52 PM
I'll buy it just to spite the trolls. :)
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#23goemon1977Posted 2/8/2013 11:44:51 PM
Forget about LBP!!! Where's a new Mark of Kri!?!?
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#24CyborgTwentyPosted 2/9/2013 3:38:43 AM
the franchise is just a series of epic flops. lbp1 sales were pathetic compared to halo 3, lbp2 only sold half as much as lbp1 and karting failed to sell 200k.
#25BloodyBoogerPosted 2/9/2013 4:21:08 AM
little big planet awesome good time.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#26stawg007Posted 2/9/2013 5:07:01 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
So LittleBigPlanet is a "megaton" now?

Funny one, TC!

TC is a major Sony fanboy

If it's an exclusive, it's megaton, quality doesn't matter
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#27toad133Posted 2/9/2013 5:21:20 AM
>Sumo Digital

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#28angry_cowtipperPosted 2/9/2013 5:22:29 AM
That's not really that big of a deal.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#29UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 6:07:55 AM
stawg007 posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
So LittleBigPlanet is a "megaton" now?

Funny one, TC!

TC is a major Sony fanboy

If it's an exclusive, it's megaton, quality doesn't matter

To Microsoft.
From Microsoft.
---
After the Fallout
#30WrestlinFanPosted 2/9/2013 6:12:53 AM
How'd the Vita version do?
---
AE=overrated. Edge/Undertaker is my favorite feud of the modern era, and perhaps of all time.