This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

people not getting the issue of banning used games

#1Cronosaber13Posted 2/8/2013 9:00:37 PM
So I see all these topics now with people saying "what, can't afford to buy 60 dollar games?" and "big deal used games are only like 10 dollars cheaper"

This is not the issue. The issue is that once you buy the game, that games value becomes worth 0. So if you beat the game, didn't like, or grow bored of that game, you can't sell it on ebay or trade it in to buy more new games. Thats right, people sell their old games so they have the money to buy new games. If sony and/or microsoft do this locking game technology they are just shooting themselves in the foot.
#2Golden MavenPosted 2/8/2013 9:02:52 PM
You have opened my eyes. Used games 4 eva!
#3archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 9:04:25 PM
I give away all my games. So it still doesn't impact me.

However I'm not saying I'm for no used games. Personally I think it would be dumb, but I also don't believe it will happen. But at the end of the day no matter what, it won't impact me.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#4BriankblPosted 2/8/2013 9:06:47 PM
archizzy posted...

However I'm not saying I'm for no used games. Personally I think it would be dumb, but I also don't believe it will happen. But at the end of the day no matter what, it won't impact me.

It will impact the people you give your games away to...
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#5qwertomanPosted 2/8/2013 9:06:49 PM
So if you beat the game, didn't like, or grow bored of that game, you can't sell it on ebay or trade it in to buy more new games.

Even if I love the game, it still bothers me if it has no commercial value anymore. I like that my Chrono Trigger cartridge still has value.
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza
#6Cronosaber13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:09:04 PM
Briankbl posted...
archizzy posted...

Quoted for truth, you wouldnt even be able to give them away
#7AwayFromHerePosted 2/8/2013 9:10:23 PM
So if you beat the game, didn't like, or grow bored of that game, you can't sell it on ebay or trade it in to buy more new games.

Even if I love the game, it still bothers me if it has no commercial value anymore. I like that my Chrono Trigger cartridge still has value.

It only has value because of others.

What about the hundreds upon hundreds of games that people don't like, that have no value on the second hand market?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8BriankblPosted 2/8/2013 9:13:54 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

It only has value because of others.

What about the hundreds upon hundreds of games that people don't like, that have no value on the second hand market?

A bad game that is valued at a penny has more value than a great game worth nothing.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#9qwertomanPosted 2/8/2013 9:15:36 PM

I don't believe there are that many games like that, but anyway, until now, all the games I have have value even if it only is a few dollars.
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza
#10archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 9:16:28 PM
Briankbl posted...
archizzy posted...

Obviously I wouldn't give them away anymore. It still wouldn't impact me.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton