This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'll support blocking used games under one condition.

#11peinxkonanPosted 2/8/2013 9:14:45 PM
Reloaded posted...
or... you could just support the system that allows you to sell that game second hand? Your return policy would actually hurt the industry more than used game sales.

---
---Doesn't care
#12SgtBass8705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:16:57 PM
Reloaded posted...
or... you could just support the system that allows you to sell that game second hand? Your return policy would actually hurt the industry more than used game sales.

You think so? Because I've returned Super Nintendo games for my money back when games were complete junk. The SNES seemed to do just fine. Do people no longer care about consumer rights?
---
PSN: JoshD8705
#13mogar002Posted 2/8/2013 9:17:06 PM
I like this idea, it's like pirating.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#14SgtBass8705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:20:06 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Golden Maven posted...
*plows through game*
*returns game for full refund*

Thanks TC, screw the people who entertain me!

So you're ok with being stuck with a broken product? Every time a developer gets lazy, and doesn't fix a major glitch it doesn't bother you?

Laziness or the $40,000 patching fee.

Laziness, because they released it with these glitches in the first place instead of properly testing the game. I've ran into more game breaking glitches this Gen than any other I've gamed in, and it's because they choose to release, and fix things later... or not.
---
PSN: JoshD8705
#15RevolutionZealPosted 2/8/2013 9:29:28 PM(edited)
Maybe have a requirement that every game has to have a 1-2 hour demo? Though I guess this is asking for too much, and probably doesn't address the problem you have.

Or how about a 1-2 hour trial ? But I guess in some games, you could breeze through it in 2 hours. Gah.
#16CronoGuyverPosted 2/8/2013 9:46:43 PM
Look what is the bloody problem with stopping stores from selling used game, they do it with PC games. They can easily tell GameStop or Any other retailer "if you sell used games (or used games that were produced by us), we will no longer have our products sold at your locations".

This is what have happen to GameStop/EBgames when they did an unauthorized price-match of Batman AA on its release day at Walmart (Walmart had an exclusive release day price of the game). Warner sent an ultimatum to Gamestop to stop their price-matching of Warner current and any future releases or Warner will stop selling their merchandise through GameStop and their affiliates. In consequence, it forced GameStop to change their policy - they no longer price-match other retailers.

If manufactures give the retailers such an ultimatum they will be forced either to stop selling video games all together (used and new) and go under or stop selling used.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#17_tanjil_Posted 2/8/2013 9:55:01 PM
CronoGuyver posted...
Look what is the bloody problem with stopping stores from selling used game, they do it with PC games. They can easily tell GameStop or Any other retailer "if you sell used games (or used games that were produced by us), we will no longer have our products sold at your locations".

This is what have happen to GameStop/EBgames when they did an unauthorized price-match of Batman AA on its release day at Walmart (Walmart had an exclusive release day price of the game). Warner sent an ultimatum to Gamestop to stop their price-matching of Warner current and any future releases or Warner will stop selling their merchandise through GameStop and their affiliates. In consequence, it forced GameStop to change their policy - they no longer price-match other retailers.

If manufactures give the retailers such an ultimatum they will be forced either to stop selling video games all together (used and new) and go under or stop selling used.

ahh gay is that why gamestop has no price matching. That's stupid. If you ask me it's Warner bros who was dumb for giving walmart the cheaper price. What about other stores that price match like best buy? I feel like most employees wouldn't even know that they shouldn't price match unless Warner included that condition.
#18Paulf001Posted 2/8/2013 9:56:40 PM
If you really want to screw game companies rent your games at red box with a free code plow through that game in 1 day and return it.
#19AtalalamaPosted 2/9/2013 8:54:54 AM
SgtBass8705 posted...
Federal laws allow you to return video games for your money back!

How many times have we had games that did not deliver on promised features? Horrible servers, glitches that not only freeze, but break your console, or games that have horrible game breaking lag. Some of these games never even get a proper patch that fixes the issues. Any other product on the market would be returned immediately for lesser offenses.

If I can't return it for my money back then I deserve the right to sell it to someone who might not be bothered by whatever glitch, or broken server issue the game has.

How many stores will tell you to f-off if the game is unpackaged again? Good luck getting your money back from the publisher, unless the title is physically defective (screatched out of the box, etc.).

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
#20Jason_HudsonPosted 2/9/2013 8:59:00 AM
RevolutionZeal posted...
Maybe have a requirement that every game has to have a 1-2 hour demo? Though I guess this is asking for too much, and probably doesn't address the problem you have.

Or how about a 1-2 hour trial ? But I guess in some games, you could breeze through it in 2 hours. Gah.

That would be an excellent start to addressing a lot of the issues with not being able to try out games (i.e. renting).

However, in regards to what the OP said, if it is a defective product then you should have a right to send it back to where you purchased it for either a replacement or a full refund. I'm in the UK so I'm going off of our laws, it may be different for America.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay