This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I will make this quick: all these topics of users defending used games

#11kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 7:04:59 AM
TC read those topics and listen to there points. Then use you brain and come to a conclusion on your own. People who support blocking used games aren't going to spell it out for you again in this topic because you were to lazy to read the other topics.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#12UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 7:05:51 AM
Only casuals are against used games anyway.
---
After the Fallout
#13kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 7:07:14 AM
Universquall posted...

Casuals don't even know what gamefaqs is. Let alone post here.
---
#14JohnHitman47Posted 2/9/2013 7:07:38 AM
Devs can avoid used games by:
1.Give enough content, so many devs try to push you 7 or 8 hours of game for 60$??

2. Test their games, some devs release half broken games and expect me to pay 60$?

3. Not force mp on about every game.

4. Release complete games, some devs announce dlc before the game its even out, dlc that should come with the game and they expect me to pay 60$?
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#15kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 7:15:10 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
Devs can avoid used games by:
1.Give enough content, so many devs try to push you 7 or 8 hours of game for 60$??

2. Test their games, some devs release half broken games and expect me to pay 60$?

3. Not force mp on about every game.

4. Release complete games, some devs announce dlc before the game its even out, dlc that should come with the game and they expect me to pay 60$?

I am just going to point out that a lot of games that force multiplayer do it because they want you to keep the game and keep playing multiplayer. If you don't want forced multiplayer then support blocking used games. Same goes with day 1 DLC and online passes. There would be no excuse for it on a system that blocks used games.

Also as games get as huge as they get nowadays It's almost impossible to find every bug and glitch. Patches are a good thing. I bet anyone who bought superman 64 would of loved a patch.

Game length is subjective but I do agree with you on that. If faced with two games that costs $60 I will always choose the game with 35+ hours than a game with 6-8 hours unless the 35 hour game is bad.
---
#16CammyApplePosted 2/9/2013 7:18:40 AM
kingofall214 posted...
Universquall posted...

This is the only time I have ever seen the word "casuals" used in a way that isn't silly. You have to be at least a little hardcore if you're going to sign up for a message board dedicated to games.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#17UniversquallPosted 2/9/2013 7:21:21 AM
kingofall214 posted...

Check out the boards for a lot of Nintendo games and people wanting used gone.
---
After the Fallout
#18RyuuHou25Posted 2/9/2013 7:38:50 AM
"I am just going to point out that a lot of games that force multiplayer do it because they want you to keep the game and keep playing multiplayer. If you don't want forced multiplayer then support blocking used games. Same goes with day 1 DLC and online passes. There would be no excuse for it on a system that blocks used games. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M&

Yeah, multiplayer, DLC and online passes will vanish if used games do. Just like DLC was never going to become what it has despite the people who constantly said and predicted it would.

Your mentality is that of "It doesn't affect me until it affects me....and then I'll complain despite the fact that it will change nothing at that point" and only when something becomes a reality do you finally get it through your head.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#19MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 2/9/2013 7:59:25 AM
DoctorCrabMD posted...
A typo is one thing but using the word word entirely is quite another thing.

lol.
#20kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 7:59:38 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
"I am just going to point out that a lot of games that force multiplayer do it because they want you to keep the game and keep playing multiplayer. If you don't want forced multiplayer then support blocking used games. Same goes with day 1 DLC and online passes. There would be no excuse for it on a system that blocks used games. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M&

Yeah, multiplayer, DLC and online passes will vanish if used games do. Just like DLC was never going to become what it has despite the people who constantly said and predicted it would.

Your mentality is that of "It doesn't affect me until it affects me....and then I'll complain despite the fact that it will change nothing at that point" and only when something becomes a reality do you finally get it through your head.

I never said anything in an absolute way. That's first and foremost. DLC itself isn't always a bad thing unless you think GTA 4's DLC was bad. That and other games have gotten great DLC and no one complained because it added to the game without feeling like it got ripped out to sell later. DLC as it should be is a good thing.

Now Day 1 DLC is a grey area. If it is lets say in game currency then obviously that will still be there if they blocked used games. Honestly I don't really know of any games that have day 1 DLC that I play. I heard of capcom doing it a lot with there fighting games. I don't really know the details so I can't argue with you on that. I would agree though with them locking characters that are on the disk was bad. I also don't think blocking used games would effect that. I think Day 1 DLC in that sense isn't going to go away no matter what. Scummy companies will always be scummy companies.

Now as far as tacked on multiplayer that is another issue. There is a difference between a developer who want's to make multiplayer for there game and a developer who has to because otherwise the game will be sold in a matter of days. If you can't tell the difference between the 2 and see how blocking used games would effect that decision then I can't help you.

How would online passes still be around if they block used games? Do you think they will start charging you $10 on top of what you paid for a new game? I don't think Any company would sink that low and I would obviously be against that. But as online passes work today they would be gone tomorrow if they blocked used games.
---