This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Damn blizzard is ruining my friday night gaming.

#31SayoriaPosted 2/8/2013 9:51:43 PM
Guessing TC is a fellow New Englander.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#32archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 9:52:02 PM
PangLa posted...
Lol at the people in the United States panicking for the blizzard. This is just your typical day in Canada. Us Canadians have to go through this every day. Deal with it.

Not everyone panicks. I live in Iowa and while 2 feet isn't a typical day, we often have bouts of freezing rain leaving a layer of ice, followed by 12 to 15 inches of snow along with 50+ MPH wind, and ending the night with temps of about 30 below zero.

People are pretty used to that here and don't think too much of it. Honestly 2 to 3 feet wouldn't change much here, it would just keep the plows out a little longer than normal.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#33Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 9:54:09 PM
I hate driving in snow, not because of the snow.

but beacause everyone forgets how to drive the second stuff starts falling from the sky.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#34CooperRCPosted 2/8/2013 9:57:14 PM
archizzy posted...
PangLa posted...
Lol at the people in the United States panicking for the blizzard. This is just your typical day in Canada. Us Canadians have to go through this every day. Deal with it.

Not everyone panicks. I live in Iowa and while 2 feet isn't a typical day, we often have bouts of freezing rain leaving a layer of ice, followed by 12 to 15 inches of snow along with 50+ MPH wind, and ending the night with temps of about 30 below zero.

People are pretty used to that here and don't think too much of it. Honestly 2 to 3 feet wouldn't change much here, it would just keep the plows out a little longer than normal.

You are also full of crap. These are the top 10 snow storms in Iowa between 1950 and 2009:

1. March 10-14, 1951 -- 14.3 inches
2. Jan. 2-4, 1971 -- 10.4 inches
3. Dec. 7-9, 2009 -- 10.2 inches
4. March 4-6, 1959 -- 9.5 inches
5. Jan. 11-13, 1979 -- 8.6 inches
6. (tie) April 8-9, 1973; Jan. 4-6, 2005 -- 8.5 inches
7. Feb. 17-18, 1962 -- 7.8 inches
8. Jan. 26, 1996 -- 7.7 inches
9. March 1-3, 2007 -- 6.7 inches
#35coolsurfer800Posted 2/8/2013 10:01:15 PM
A lot of times people exaggerate the amount of snowfall by talking about the hills of snow built up after shoveling the roads and sidewalks instead of actual snowfall.
---
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks
#36PangLaPosted 2/8/2013 10:06:29 PM
CooperRC posted...
PangLa posted...

You are full of crap. 2-3 feet of snow in one night is not a typical day in Canada. It is not a typical day anywhere.

Montreal had a bigger blizzard last December and people still went out. You Americans freak out way too much for snow lol.
#37archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:23 PM
CooperRC posted...

You are also full of crap. These are the top 10 snow storms in Iowa between 1950 and 2009:

1. March 10-14, 1951 -- 14.3 inches
2. Jan. 2-4, 1971 -- 10.4 inches
3. Dec. 7-9, 2009 -- 10.2 inches
4. March 4-6, 1959 -- 9.5 inches
5. Jan. 11-13, 1979 -- 8.6 inches
6. (tie) April 8-9, 1973; Jan. 4-6, 2005 -- 8.5 inches
7. Feb. 17-18, 1962 -- 7.8 inches
8. Jan. 26, 1996 -- 7.7 inches
9. March 1-3, 2007 -- 6.7 inches

Right because I really have a reason to lie about a little snow as I have lived here my entire life except for the 5 years I was in the military. Certainly in you're hasty rush to google in a quick fix result brought you much more accurate info right?

So according to this list we haven't had over 11 inches between 1951 and 2009? Total joke.

Hell in 2010 we had over 50 straight days of over 5 inches of snow each day and that was a lot more south than me.

http://smallbusiness.foxbusiness.com/entrepreneurs/2010/02/16/snow-iowa-open/

We are no stranger to snow and it wouldn't make sense to look at that list and see this low total of 6 or 7 inches and then have a year we get over 50 days straight of over 5 inches. We have had many a December where it snows daily, while not always heavy at least a few inches per day.

I have lost count the amount of times we have had 12 inches of show. Maybe they officially categorize it as a different storm or maybe they have break the snowfalls up at midnight, I don't really know. I do know that we have had many a storm with over a foot of snow in my life and that chart that shows all these 6 and 7 inch ones are a total joke.

By all means though continue to run your mouth like you know.
---
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#38BurgerTime79Posted 2/8/2013 10:25:46 PM
Whatever you're not used to, someone else is bound to be used to.
Whatever you're used to, someone else is bound to not be used to.
This doesn't mean mouth off and insult others who aren't used to something. This goes for both of you, and anyone else who wanted to cut in.

We're getting a lot more snow than we're used to. Last year brought almost nothing in my area (New England) and now we're getting all of this. There was even an 18 or 19 car pile up in Maine. When this weather happens, people forget what it's like to drive in this stuff. Just look at down south and if they get just enough snow to cover the ground. They shut down everything.

The things I got a kick out of in the news:
-They had a warning for Marshfield MA to evacuate. This town is known as the place that banned coin-op arcade machines.
-I had no idea that there was a Sandwich Massachusetts
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#39archizzyPosted 2/8/2013 10:30:16 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Whatever you're not used to, someone else is bound to be used to.
Whatever you're used to, someone else is bound to not be used to.
This doesn't mean mouth off and insult others who aren't used to something. This goes for both of you, and anyone else who wanted to cut in.

We're getting a lot more snow than we're used to. Last year brought almost nothing in my area (New England) and now we're getting all of this. There was even an 18 or 19 car pile up in Maine. When this weather happens, people forget what it's like to drive in this stuff. Just look at down south and if they get just enough snow to cover the ground. They shut down everything.

The things I got a kick out of in the news:
-They had a warning for Marshfield MA to evacuate. This town is known as the place that banned coin-op arcade machines.
-I had no idea that there was a Sandwich Massachusetts

Yeah when I was in Virginia when I was in the navy 1 or 2 inches of snow would shut down the entire city of Norfolk. At the time I don't think the city even owned plows or had the capability of cleaning the roads. It wasn't cost effective so they just waited it out.
---
#40BurgerTime79Posted 2/8/2013 10:35:52 PM
archizzy posted...
Yeah when I was in Virginia when I was in the navy 1 or 2 inches of snow would shut down the entire city of Norfolk. At the time I don't think the city even owned plows or had the capability of cleaning the roads. It wasn't cost effective so they just waited it out.

An ex girlfriend of mine was in a similar situation, except what covered the roads was so miniscule that you didn't even need plows to remove it.

One of my friends on Facebook (who also hosts a podcast) took a photo outside his house, and put an Imperial probe droid in it. We currently have a ban on driving on the roads tonight, and he was joking that this was how the police are enforcing the ban.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking