This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

after playing the mgs and jak and daxter hd collection, I can see why gaming is

#11CrispykidsPosted 2/8/2013 9:51:39 PM
unorthodox methods can bring good change or bad who knows really
a suggestion would be for a company and its producers to go online and have a vote of some kind asking the gaming community what kind of game do we want, content, gameplay etc

Unless someone has done this before, I've never heard of it so it could be successful
#12A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/8/2013 10:03:10 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Nothing needs to change. I don't get everyone's obsession with changing the way games are played. No one wants to change the way books are read.

you might be that guy that wants to see another 20 marvel super hero movies

I guess all movies bore you too because nothing has changed in the last 50 years except better graphics?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#13dankanefanPosted 2/8/2013 10:07:36 PM
Bat178 posted...
Change is not always good. Look at Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil.

Who's to say another carbon copy R&C or RE would have sold any better though? The complaint just would have been different. Think about it.
---
www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com (My Gaming Blog)
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#14dankanefanPosted 2/8/2013 10:09:10 PM
gamer6587 posted...
going to die.....we are stuck from an innovation perspective, not much has changed between ps2 and modern day games....

games are becoming stale because we have been essentially been playing the same type of games since ps2.....just bigger and more refined for each respective genre....

I am bored of fighting games, survival horror, fps, rpg, tps, action adventure, sports......its all the same, just better graphics and more content....

something needs to change soon or the industry will die....

I'd like to hear some ideas on what types of games you'd like to see.
---
www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com (My Gaming Blog)
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#15jrr18Posted 2/8/2013 10:10:25 PM
ozran posted...
jrr18 posted...
gamer6587 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Nothing needs to change. I don't get everyone's obsession with changing the way games are played. No one wants to change the way books are read.

Well to be fair they are the only good ones besides batman and there are only 5 more planed not 20.

There are actually 10 Marvel super hero movies that are gonna come out or are in development. that is only Phase 2. Marvel has already said they have a Phase 3 set of movies they wanna do after the sequel to The Avengers

Really lets see avengers 2, iron man 3, thor 2, captain america 2 what are the other one's unless they introduce ant man and wasp for the next avengers movie with there own movie. oh almost forgot spiderman.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#16Bat178Posted 2/8/2013 10:10:51 PM
dankanefan posted...
Bat178 posted...
Change is not always good. Look at Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil.

Who's to say another carbon copy R&C or RE would have sold any better though? The complaint just would have been different. Think about it.

It wouldn't have left the fans of the series feeling betrayed in addition to it not selling well, though.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#17ozranPosted 2/8/2013 10:22:28 PM
jrr18 posted...
ozran posted...
jrr18 posted...
gamer6587 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

Well to be fair they are the only good ones besides batman and there are only 5 more planed not 20.

There are actually 10 Marvel super hero movies that are gonna come out or are in development. that is only Phase 2. Marvel has already said they have a Phase 3 set of movies they wanna do after the sequel to The Avengers

Really lets see avengers 2, iron man 3, thor 2, captain america 2 what are the other one's unless they introduce ant man and wasp for the next avengers movie with there own movie. oh almost forgot spiderman.

There is also The Wolverine, X-men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, A reboot of The Fantastic Four and Ant-Man (which is being done by Edgar Wright)

They are even talking about possibly doing a Doctor Strange movie and more solo Hulk movies (Planet Hulk is a possibility) with the whole issue of The Hulk leading up to World War Hulk for Avengers 3 (which is another planned movie
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#18Jon_GodPosted 2/8/2013 11:04:19 PM
I think it's not always changes that are needed, I think it's balance.

Publishers don't understand this, they either make the same game over and over, in the case of Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Mario, Zelda, etc.

Or they go polar opposite:
DmC(A game that could have been called something else and been fine)
Syndicate(Haha, we don't care about fans, and Fallout 3 did so well)
X-COM(Hey, at least they listened to the fans)
Fallout 3(A good developer, one of the few times this worked)
Resident Evil 5/6(Horror, is that what you liked? Too bad, action for those who don't care)
Sonic(New gimmicks, new friends, because that's what made the series popular in the first place, no?)
Final Fight(Streetwise, a 3rd person beat em up with mutants, demons, and uh... what?)
Red Faction(Went free roaming, to decent results, then went to linear bland shooting without much use of the engine the game is built on)
Resistance(Suddenly Resistance 2 was trying to be Call of Duty)
Burnout(Paradise while and interesting game could have not been called Burnout, because it share so little with the previous games.)
Kingdom Hearts(Anything after 1 lost the platforming elements, and much of the jump run roll combat. Chain of memories added a very annoying card based system too)
Knights of the Old Republic(Didn't you give the first game in the series GOTY? Well, that was a single player romp, so instead lets make it an MMO to capture the same audience)
Max Payne(Max Payne 3, again, they could have changed the main character and called it a different name, and it would have been fine)

Then there are games that do it right,

Sly Cooper -> Sly 2 (Lots added feels a lot different but very much the same, completely feels like an update)
Halo -> Halo 2 (I know many people will scoff at me, but it added a lot to the formula which would stay similar from then on)
Metal Gear Solid 1-4 (Each game brought a lot of upgrades to not only the gameplay, but the design of the game)
Borderlands -> Borderlands 2 (So many things updated so much added to the world, it feels like they fixed so much with the whole design as well as adding a lot to the gameplay)
Portal -> Portal 2 (While I consider it not to be as good as the first, it's still a decent sequel which brought a lot more to the table, but didn't lose what made the first great)
Uncharted -> Uncharted 2 (While gameplay wise the game was mostly just touched up, the design was executed so smoothly, it truly felt like a sequel that surpassed the original.
Spider-Man: The Movie -> Spider Man 2 (This turned a licensed game from being a throw away title, to something we all remember)
Final Fantasy series (I don't like anything past IX personally, but I think that they had the concept of sequels improving and not getting stale down, for a long time, at least)

My 2c
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#19jrr18Posted 2/8/2013 11:12:14 PM
ozran you frogot the dead pool one
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101