This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Solution to ''Buying Used games'' = Ban Gamestop

#1Jx1010Posted 2/8/2013 9:32:38 PM
Get rid of gamestop completely once and for all.

Gamestop took this idea to a whole new level and completely made it its main form of business, its the reason they exist anymore.

Gamestop's selling of games on their website is mostly used games, they barely ever have a brand new game.

True Best Buy does it now but its only to rival Gamestop with video game sales even tho Best Buy does not focus on this like Gamestop does.
#2mogar002Posted 2/8/2013 9:33:44 PM
They should ban free speech and wearing the color green too.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3BrutalBrockenPosted 2/8/2013 9:33:44 PM
We should ban Pawn Shops also
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#4boofiePosted 2/8/2013 9:35:03 PM
Let's ban used car dealerships too. Buy a brand new one and park your old one up at the dump.
#5riddlebox89Posted 2/8/2013 9:35:47 PM
Then you'd have, oh I don't know...a few thousand people without a job and a pretty big lawsuit seeing as they'd only be banned for selling used games, which is something that's completely legal?

The only "solution" this word present is a really big problem for a lot of people.

Not that banning used games would solve anything anyway.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:36:37 PM
boofie posted...
Let's ban used car dealerships too. Buy a brand new one and park your old one up at the dump.

Comparing cars to physical media disk / video games is very, very absurd.
#7mogar002Posted 2/8/2013 9:38:31 PM
Not as absurd as suggesting they ban someone from doing something completely legal.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#8ozranPosted 2/8/2013 9:39:57 PM
TC, look up "first sale rights" and then once you are done reading the law please delete this stupid topic
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#9jrr18Posted 2/8/2013 9:40:01 PM
Jx1010 posted...
boofie posted...

Comparing cars to physical media disk / video games is very, very absurd.

not really it's the same thing in both cases the product is all ready paid for and the resale money should only go to the owner not the person who made it in the first place.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10goemon1977Posted 2/8/2013 9:56:05 PM
I live in MD and my fried is/was a GS manager of ten years until today...sounds like they are cleaning house. They know the new consoles will ban new games, they are gonna be closing shops left and right.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677