This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony: PS4's main selling point "new playing options, not improved hardware specs

#11morphinapgPosted 2/9/2013 12:09:50 AM
I think this just means it won't be as big of a jump as last time. That's pretty much expected. However, it will still be a big jump, they just want to focus more on the features over the graphics. It's not easy to properly show off graphics power before launch. Full graphic power of the console typically isn't achieved until around halfway through the system's life.
#12SmoshCuchPosted 2/9/2013 12:38:45 AM
Well, they didn't say that it won't have largely improved hardware specs, just that they won't be used as the main selling point.

craelon posted...
Interactivity and playability over graphics and processing, plz.

I would agree, but many attempts to improve interactivity and playability actually make things worse and less fun. See motion control. Or 3D. Or touchscreens. And no, that has nothing to do with Nintendo. Those things vary from useless to game-breaking no matter what company is using them.

Please stop trying to 'change the way we play video games' and just make better games on better hardware.

Oh, and no, I don't just hate change. The WiiU controller, for example, is fine. It doesn't try to fix what isn't broken, just adds something else to an otherwise fairly traditional controller.
#13Banjo2553Posted 2/9/2013 12:48:53 AM(edited)
Funny how some people have the attention span of...well I won't get into that.

It's obvious they're not just gonna re-release the PS3 with more options. There WILL be a power upgrade. It probably just won't be as vast as most are thinking it'd be. Also PS2 wasn't the strongest of its gen. Just saying that for those who think that Sony ~always~ sets the benchmark on console power.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#14thefabregas22Posted 2/9/2013 1:00:32 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
Funny how some people have the attention span of...well I won't get into that.

It's obvious they're not just gonna re-release the PS3 with more options. There WILL be a power upgrade. It probably just won't be as vast as most are thinking it'd be. Also PS2 wasn't the strongest of its gen. Just saying that for those who think that Sony ~always~ sets the benchmark on console power.

Pretty sure the ps2 was the weakest console for its gen. It ended up wiping the floor with the other console in the end
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#15Nightmare637Posted 2/9/2013 1:04:57 AM
they should focus on making it easier to develop for in my opinion.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#16SophisticationPosted 2/9/2013 1:11:38 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
they should focus on making it easier to develop for in my opinion.

Pc based hardware assures that... don't fret. Ps4 will be tapped early on I fear.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat