This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People complaining about NEW games being too expensive ?????

#11Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:05:24 AM
Nulsh posted...
If u think america is dear, come to new zealand, hardly any sales and games specials. Causes me to buy from play asia or ozgameshop.

This post might be aimed at the people ''in'' america, who after these specials... still complain
#12morphinapgPosted 2/9/2013 12:07:50 AM
ironmaidenfan70 posted...
I wish amazon still had no tax,but alas it does now here

This too. They're slowly implementing it for each state. I still don't understand why though.

I believe it's a new law
#13killakPosted 2/9/2013 12:07:52 AM
have you ever heard of NES games in the 80s?

That's the only thing you need to say.
\
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#14KodegaPosted 2/9/2013 12:08:32 AM

This too. They're slowly implementing it for each state. I still don't understand why though.

People were always suppose to declare online purchases when they file their state tax so the state could charge them the appropriate taxes (use tax, basically sales tax for out of state purchases). People refused to declare purchases and so the tax evasion has become so problematic that many places are now having to get amazon to collect taxes at point of sale because it's the only way to get people to pay their said taxes. If so many people weren't so quick to commit tax fraud amazon would probably have continued to operate like it always has.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#15Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:15:36 AM
Kodega posted...

People were always suppose to declare online purchases when they file their state tax so the state could charge them the appropriate taxes (use tax, basically sales tax for out of state purchases). People refused to declare purchases and so the tax evasion has become so problematic that many places are now having to get amazon to collect taxes at point of sale because it's the only way to get people to pay their said taxes. If so many people weren't so quick to commit tax fraud amazon would probably have continued to operate like it always has.

Either way,
with tax or no tax.... they have amazing discounts and free shipping
#16theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 12:18:22 AM
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...

Either way,

I just paid $10 for a used Ratchet & Clank game. If they can beat that new with shipping, fine. If not, your argument is flawed.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#17Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:20:44 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...

Either way,

I just paid $10 for a used Ratchet & Clank game. If they can beat that new with shipping, fine. If not, your argument is flawed.

I hope ur game works
that it has no scratches
that it has no finger prints
that it doesnt smell funny
and that u get a booklet, if ur one to read them
and that u get ur dlc code, if it comes with one
#18glory of power metalPosted 2/9/2013 12:22:28 AM
I've stated this before, but in general the last 3 generations' average new game cost has gone $40, $50, $60. The average development cost has gone $1 million, $5 million, $25 million. God of War 3 cost $45 million to make, so I can only imagine what kind of sales Ascension is hoping to achieve.

Now I'm not saying this is all totally necessary, I'd like to see a real breakdown of costs associated with each aspect of development and see where we can really cut enough cost to potentially have $50 new releases that aren't quite as pretty but still offer the same entertainment. At the same time, if you ***** about games being too expensive, you're either too young to have been gaming in the 90's, or are the cheapest person on Earth.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#19theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 12:22:42 AM
Jx1010 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...

Either way,

I hope ur game works
that it has no scratches
that it has no finger prints
that it doesnt smell funny
and that u get a booklet, if ur one to read them
and that u get ur dlc code, if it comes with one

All of that is true, except the DLC because it doesn't exist for the game.

So you really have nothing here.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#20justchill433Posted 2/9/2013 12:29:17 AM
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...

Either way,

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Crack-Playstation-3/dp/B00275A7LI/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1360398526&sr=1-3&keywords=ratchet+and+clank
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*