This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People complaining about NEW games being too expensive ?????

#21theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 1:34:25 AM
justchill433 posted...
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...
ironmaidenfan70 posted...
I wish amazon still had no tax,but alas it does now here

This too. They're slowly implementing it for each state. I still don't understand why though.

People were always suppose to declare online purchases when they file their state tax so the state could charge them the appropriate taxes (use tax, basically sales tax for out of state purchases). People refused to declare purchases and so the tax evasion has become so problematic that many places are now having to get amazon to collect taxes at point of sale because it's the only way to get people to pay their said taxes. If so many people weren't so quick to commit tax fraud amazon would probably have continued to operate like it always has.

Either way,
with tax or no tax.... they have amazing discounts and free shipping

I just paid $10 for a used Ratchet & Clank game. If they can beat that new with shipping, fine. If not, your argument is flawed.

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Crack-Playstation-3/dp/B00275A7LI/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1360398526&sr=1-3&keywords=ratchet+and+clank

$10.79
+ $3.99 shipping

Case in point.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#22justchill433Posted 2/9/2013 1:39:06 AM
justchill433 posted...
Jx1010 posted...
Kodega posted...
This too. They're slowly implementing it for each state. I still don't understand why though.

People were always suppose to declare online purchases when they file their state tax so the state could charge them the appropriate taxes (use tax, basically sales tax for out of state purchases). People refused to declare purchases and so the tax evasion has become so problematic that many places are now having to get amazon to collect taxes at point of sale because it's the only way to get people to pay their said taxes. If so many people weren't so quick to commit tax fraud amazon would probably have continued to operate like it always has.

Either way,
with tax or no tax.... they have amazing discounts and free shipping

I just paid $10 for a used Ratchet & Clank game. If they can beat that new with shipping, fine. If not, your argument is flawed.

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Crack-Playstation-3/dp/B00275A7LI/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1360398526&sr=1-3&keywords=ratchet+and+clank

$10.79
+ $3.99 shipping

Case in point.

Amazon Prime, Free 2-Day shipping.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#23theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 1:42:52 AM
justchill433 posted...
justchill433 posted...

$10.79
+ $3.99 shipping

Case in point.

Amazon Prime, Free 2-Day shipping.

$79 a year? Are you even paying attention? That's more than regular shipping costs, you dope.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#24Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:28:16 PM
yea good discount
#25archizzyPosted 2/9/2013 6:49:10 PM(edited)

It depends on what title you are talking about but the PS3 ones have been available for as little as $10 multiple times and for quite a long time even through Amazon themselves so even non prime members could choose free shipping it they want to wait a week. (If the item qualified and you met the criteria)

You're talking about a flawed argument when you are comparing a used game you just now bought compared to a new game you could of purchased easily a year or two ago for the same price that would of been delivered to your front door step.

The majority of people even when ignoring the tax issue will usually save a few dollars just in gas. Unless you live in walking distance to a store or ride a bicycle or something *most* people will end up burning a few bucks in gas just going to a store and driving home.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#26Still__RippinPosted 2/9/2013 6:48:16 PM
thesnoopmeister posted...
Oh children. I suppose 45 Saturn games was before your time.

Games are cheaper. End of.

Exactly. Apparently they don't remember those $70 N64 games. That was hmmm, 13 years ago? Yeah, that'd be about $90 today.
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee
#27_tanjil_Posted 2/9/2013 7:03:55 PM
theatrical_cat posted...

$10.79
+ $3.99 shipping

Case in point.

Ughh Immature kids these days. That's just one game though, most purchases are free shipping if they cost more than $20. The game you mention in retail is usually $15+tax. So in the case of such a low price game, you can't do much with amazon.

The problem with the used game ban is mainly people who like to save $20-30 on $60 games. Though proportionally your $5 saving on ratchet and clank is the same as saving $20 on a $60 game. Saving $20-$30 is not the same as $5. Online purchases offer that on a regular basis

Also if you ever find deals on amazon, you can price match them at best buy and save an additional 10%
#28Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:08:17 PM
Even with all that math,
people still complain
#29kingrat2314Posted 2/9/2013 7:10:55 PM
Jx1010 posted...
I got....................

- Soul Calibur 5 collectors edition for $30 on amazon - BRAND NEW
- Record of Agarest war 2 collectors edition for $30 on amazon - BRAND NEW
- Batman Arkham City GOTY for $35 at Best Buy - BRAND NEW
- Uncharted 3 for $10 at amazon - BRAND NEW
- Valkyria Chronicles for $18 on amazon - BRAND NEW
- Vanquish for $17 on amazon - BRAND NEW

I dont see what there is to complain

You hear that guys? They were all BRAND NEW
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#30a gPosted 2/9/2013 7:22:46 PM
Ratchet and Clank new has been on clearance sale for $7.50, probably less than that a few other times