This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the Jak and daxter HD Collection?

#1RebellianPosted 2/9/2013 12:33:44 AM
I was watching a stream earlier of someone playing Jak 3 and somehow It got me feeling nostalgic, so now I'm thinking of picking up the HD Collection since I no longer own a PS2. Aside from making the games HD and adding 3D, what else Is added? Did anything get fixed? I remember this glitch In Jak 2 If you werent careful you could trigger this game breaking glitch at that arena, any technical fixes like that?

As for my history with the Jak games:

3 - played It first, loved It.
2 - played 2nd, frustrating at some points but I did enjoy my time.
1 - never played It.
X Combat Racing - a decent racer but the saving glitch killed It for me.
Lost Frontier - Literally only heard of It's existence 5 minutes ago while typing this. How Is It?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4685 - 6273 -6874
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#2_Shikoba_Posted 2/9/2013 12:38:47 AM
As far as I know they are the same games, just in HD. Nothing else. However it is a really great HD Collection and worth picking up!
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#3theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 12:40:11 AM
1- Like a bad clone of Spyro the Dragon. Short and pretty awful. Avoid if possible.

2- Better, but it tries too hard. Guns are awkward, vehicles are too floaty and hard to use, Dark Jak in't as useful as it could be, story is too srs.

3- The only one I actually liked. Guns are more useful, Dark Jak is more useful, Light Jak is awesome, vehicles have more realistic physics and are more fun to use, story is improved, all around better.

$30 for one good game, one so-so game, and one mediocre game? I've seen worse.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#4awesomesauce13Posted 2/9/2013 2:03:48 AM
theatrical_cat has missed the point of the topic entirely.

The collection is great, it's 99.95% flawless (the glitches I noticed are this one guy had a black face in one cutscene in Jak 2, and the green star isn't always there in Jak 3. Big deal). Not sure about any glitches being fixed but as far as I'm aware there aren't any easy-to-run-into-game-breaking ones anyway
#5theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 2:05:09 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...

The collection is great, it's 99.95% flawless (the glitches I noticed are this one guy had a black face in one cutscene in Jak 2, and the green star isn't always there in Jak 3. Big deal). Not sure about any glitches being fixed but as far as I'm aware there aren't any easy-to-run-into-game-breaking ones anyway

Fine. I never experienced any bugs, just poor gameplay. Better?
---
#6awesomesauce13Posted 2/9/2013 2:07:17 AM
theatrical_cat posted...
awesomesauce13 posted...

Fine. I never experienced any bugs, just poor gameplay. Better?

Just saying he was asking about the quality of the porting rather than the actual games :P
#7Rebellian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:04:59 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I had work. Anyway It does sound there arent any Issues so It looks I'll be getting these games later and I'll look Into Lost Frontier later I suppose. Thanks for the help.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4685 - 6273 -6874
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#8StrangerDenialPosted 2/9/2013 9:55:57 AM
I stopped playing it because the first game bored me. Maybe I should try the 3rd one.
---
Yo .
#9theatrical_catPosted 2/9/2013 9:57:19 AM
StrangerDenial posted...
I stopped playing it because the first game bored me. Maybe I should try the 3rd one.

You should. The first game is a terrible indicator of the rest of the series.

Might wanna look up the story for Jak 2, though; 3 relies heavily on 2 for story stuff, so you'll probably be very lost otherwise.
---
#10RayconPosted 2/9/2013 10:04:44 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...

You mean the day star? Cause as I remember it, it's missing completely in the HD collection. A huge bummer, as watching it get bigger over time was one of my favorite parts of the game...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ